Part 6

"Let's go somewhere as a "family" since this is the last day we have." Keith said. We had just woke up. I guess I'm the middle of the night he went and got Ellis because he was in the bed too. I swear on everything I'm going to miss this.
"Sure where do you want to go?"
"I got a place. Get dressed. Wear something comfortable. I'll get E ready." He said leaving out the room.
Why can't Matt be like this? I can only wish for the best out of this whole thing. I do kind of miss him. I mean he is my husband. Let me say this. Here and there he'd do small things. Not much but small. Just something to put a smile on my face before he did something dumb. I finished getting dressed and met Keith and Ellis downstairs. Surprisingly we were color coordinated.
"You must've snuck in and saw the drip i was putting in E. You see how your mom wants to be like us" keith said making Ellis laugh like it was the funniest thing ever.
"Whatever. Let's go!"
We went to the car. Keith opened the open for me the put Ellis in the back. I didn't even question where we were going.
"This week has went by fast right?" He finally spoke making me look at him.
"Yeah it has. Time flies when you're having fun they say"
"You've had fun?" He asked.
"Yes. This week has reminded me of how things were when me and Matt first started dating. All the things he is supposed to do you did plus more. This was kind of like a vacation for me. You did things that I only do at home"
"Well those things are things that are supposed to be 50/50. You aren't just supposed to take care of the whole house plus the baby. As a man I have a role to play to provide and help where you need help. Matt is a fool to even try you. I wish Jill did half the things you do" he said.
"Yeah. Maybe we were placed with these people to make them better. Who know"
He stopped the car and I looked out to see we were at Disneyland. I almost had a heart attack.
"Omg keith no. You can't be serious right now"
"Dead ass. I remember you said the other night You've never been and you would love to take E one day. That one day is today. Now you gon scream all day or are you getting f out?" He said already at the back taking Ellis out his seat.
We went in and went on everything. There was a baby part where you can leave the babies and they will do baby versions of everything that we dropped E at after we did everything we could with him.
"You two are a beautiful couple!" An older lady said as she walked by.
"Oh we " I started but Keith cut me off.
"Thank you man. I'm lucky to have such a beautiful wife and child." He said pulling me close to him.
"You're welcome. Get to working on more beautiful babies. Lord knows we don't need no more mud duck babies" she said walking off making us laugh.
"It's not nice to lie"
"It wasn't a lie. Technically we are a "married couple" might as well take the compliments" he said finally letting me go.
"Let's go get Ellis. I miss him"
"Ok come on" He said grabbing my hand and leading the way.
The rest of the day was the best. We road on baby friendly rides and I could tell Ellis was having the time of his little life. This was amazing. This whole day was just what I needed. When we got to the exit Ellis was fast asleep in Keith's arms. I couldn't help but smile and take a picture. I couldn't wait to see Keith with his own baby. He's going to be a great father. When we got back to the house we went our separate ways and got settled in. After about an hour Ellis woke up and started crying. I picked him up he still was crying which was odd. Keith came in to see what was wrong.
"I don't know. He just started crying and won't stop. He refused the bottle and wouldn't latch on to breast feed."
"Dada" I heard him say but this was the first time he's ever said that.
"Dada isn't here baby"
"Da da!" He said again but this time he reached for Keith.
"No baby that's not"
"Shhh let me see him" keith said taking him. And just like that he stopped crying. "Awww E"
"Omg I'm sorry he must think you're his dad"
"This is what happens when men don't spend time with their kids the way they are supposed to. It's ok little man I got you" Keith said as the sobs stopped and he slowly drifted back to sleep.
"Wow this is crazy. Matt would flip if he heard that"
"That's on him. Now let's just enjoy the rest of the night and just bask in the moment."