18| J E A L O U S

"No! No more!" I swipe the basically empty bottle of whisky out of H's hand. Putting the car into park in my parents driveway I sigh out at H looking as he always did, drunk off his ass.

"Come on Kitten don't be a buzzkill, it's just a little... drink," H hiccups while I button up his shirt since he didn't bother to do anything I asked him to do before leaving. His shirt was wrinkled and unbuttoned, the only thing he could mange was buttoning and sipping his pants.

"I can't deal with you tonight H, I really can't! You need to pull it together for me or I might just murder you!" I breath feeling my heart quicken in my chest. I couldn't have anyone in my family suspecting anything as off.

"That's hot," H gives me a smug grin and bites his lip before leaning in to kiss me. Avoiding it I push him back into his seat and continue buttoning his shirt for him.

"I mean it H, this is one less problem I can live without," I tell him running my fingers through his hair to make him appear he was Harry even though this was going to be a long shot. "Just try not to be yourself, and no drinking!" I warn getting out of the car and taking a breath to collect myself.

It seemed like all I was these days was an act in front of everyone. A character of my old self to some extent.

H stumbles over to me with a little grin on his face until he stumbles into my arms and leaning his head on my shoulder.

"I've got one less one less problem!" H sings along to a popular song that had been on repeat on the radio. I shake my head and carry his weight as we enter the house, awaiting what the night was going to bring me.

+

"You are sooooo funny!" Felicity laughs touching H's arm for the seventh time tonight. I refrain from taking any action but I would be lying if I said it didn't bother me.

I tighten my jaw and sip on my water while keeping Felicity in my peripheral vision. I reach down with my other hand and squeeze H's leg, I knew it wasn't just Felicity being flirtatious, H also had a foot in as well.

"So how is the movie coming along?" Stefano asks me while every pair of eyes draws back to me.

"It's good, hectic, but that's what I signed up for when I decided to act so I can't complain too much," I shrug brushing off all the long hours I was spending on set.

"How are you holding up Harry?" My dad asks directing his towards H. I get oddly nervous remembering the last dinner we had, how everything ended in blood. I stay calm on the outside but in the inside my stomach was in knots and I could feel my internal heat rise to the surface of my skin.

"I imagine it's not easy knowing someone else is being intimate with Chanel-" My mother starts but I cut her off bluntly. I didn't want to bring up topics that could possibly set H off. I was still learning about H and trying to navigate his feelings so I didn't know every single one of his triggers which made him somewhat unpredictable at times.

"There is nothing intimate about my relationship with Niall, he's just my co-star!" I respond feeling extremely on edge as I sit confined to the dining room table.

"Defensive aren't you?" Stefano pipes in causing me to dart my gaze over to him. He tries to read the emotion in my eyes but fails as I run and look at H who seems to be more into Felicity then anything else.

"Is everything alright with you Elle? You seem like your on edge, you haven't sat still for an hour," my mother says giving me a reminder that I needed to be more still. I can tell she can sense my anxiety which meant I wasn't doing a very good job acting wise.

"I'm fine, I just don't like anyone assuming things about my relationships," I snap feeling the heat rise to my cheeks. If only I could tell them what was really on my mind, that the reason I couldn't relax was that last time I was put in this situation two people were murdered in cold blood right in front of me.