10| P U S H E D

The concept of time has flown through my fingertips. It was like waking up from a nap and not knowing where you are or what time had passed. I hadn't even realized I had blacked out, it was more like I was missing a chunk of time. Like somehow despite me being aware of my surroundings I had failed to understand how I got from point A to B.

I mumble incoherently and peel my eyes open to spot Harry slouched in a chair in the corner of the room. His thumb circled the various buttons on the remote while he surfed countless outdated channels. The static stricken audio irritating my ears as I flutter my eyelashes to adjust to the dingy lighting of this room.

For a moment I struggle to think of the reality of what has happened. I confuse myself easily with the concept that everything leading up to this point was a dream, a mere hallucination. The murder, the switch in Harry, it all had to be a dream right? A result from hitting my head or something similar?

"Harry?" My voice is gravely and weak but I still attract his attention nonetheless.

"Good morning kitten!" He greets me leaving me with an answer. That nickname could have only slipped off of his tongue.

There was no point in trying to deny what was clearly the reality. My brain and mental state begged to believe this wasn't real, that this was all some elaborate dream conjured up in direct result of an injury but I knew better.

"Dear god," I roll my eyes noticing his chocolate brown curls that spiral in loose formations that frame his sharp jawline and defined facial structure. "Can I go back to my temporary coma?"

"It's nice to see you again too Chan!" H obnoxiously says to me while I pull at my face. The skin under my eyes drags down following my fingertips that are the culprit of pulling the skin.

"Please don't call me that," I grumble easily getting annoyed by H's presence. In the short time I was getting to know H he sure as hell knew how to push my buttons which I had resented him for.

"What?" He asked with a dumb smirk on his lips, "Chan?"

"Yes, that's not my name," I huff out already over H's antics. I knew he thrived on wearing on my nerves but this wasn't the time nor place to be pinching my nerves.

"It's half your name," He banters with me even though it's clear I am in no mood to deal with his childish behavior.

"So do you have anything better to do? Honestly," I scoff rolling over to notice the IV in my arm shooting fluids into my bloodstream.

"What if I call you Elle?" The name rolled off his tongue and the reminisce of Harry struck me upon hearing him say my nickname.

"You can't call me that," I state firmly not bothering to give him any eye contact. Hearing him call me that lit a spark and sense of deeper longing. I wish Harry could hurry up and come back to me from wherever he was. I missed his sweet and gentle touches like a homesick child.

"Why not that's what Harry calls you," H brings up causing me to turn and roll back over to see those deep-set green eyes that almost seemed to glow.

"Precisely the point, you aren't Harry," I snap at him feeling a tinge of my breaking heart. It splintered at the mention of his name.

H says nothing in reply, his eyes avert down to his shoes like a little boy that had been scolded by his mother. His eye contact is anywhere but with me as he fiddles uncomfortably in the deafening silence between the two of us. I run back over and take a deep breath, pulling in any source of fresh air my lungs could find.

I was tired more than anything else. I knew I had been asleep minutes prior to my interaction with H but that had been enough to wear me out. Just having to discover my sweet Harry had been cloaked over with some sort of darker alternate personality was enough to exhaust me.