09| S H O C K

"I can't listen to him cry like that!" I tell H as I peer out our bedroom window where the nursery was in clear view. I could hear the faint sounds of a screaming baby that H had told me to leave behind. His big blue eyes soaked into my soul and pained me now as I stood from afar.

"He's just fine, give it 5 more minutes," H tells me while I stall and keep my eyes glued to the window. Now fully clothed I keep my eyes off H as he changes into a few pair of clothes. It's hard to even glance at him without feeling some sort of disgust.

"He needs someone," I plead watching the baby kick in his crib waiting for someone to pick him up and soothe him.

"We still have to throw out these clothes. They have blood all over them, I'm not about to throw all of this away now because you are worried about a damn baby crying!"

"That baby crying is inside of a murder scene! I don't think I need to remind you about how you killed two people tonight! You slaughtered them H! So I'm sorry if I'm sensitive about their baby's well being!" I yell staring him dead in the eye, fury burning in my eyes from the anger that boiled my blood.

I shake my head and peddle my feet down the stairs where I wait for H's instructions. He had planned for me to knock on the door regarding the screaming baby only to stumble upon the dead bodies. From there I would call nine one one and report the crime scene to the authorities.

It scared me how quick H was on his feet, everything was calculated and planned with precision. Nothing was left up to chance because he executed a plan flawlessly.

Wondering now as I stood in the warm living room, I thought about something that wouldn't leave me alone. Was H planning on killing them from the start? Did he already have it planned out or was it a spur of the moment decision once John questioned the bruising on my wrists that I failed to explain.

Was is possibly my fault if that was the case? If I would have come up with a plausible lie maybe Elizabeth and John would still be alive. We wouldn't have been trying to get rid of bloody clothes and covering up a horrific murder.

"You are good to go, I'm going to take care of things here," H says with the bag full of bloody clothes in his hands.

"What are going to do with those?" I ask him looking at the scarlet stained clothing.

"Don't worry your pretty little mind about it," H tells me as I sigh and walk out to feel the brisk winter air hit my face. The frost bitten air is bitter against my exposed skin on my face, my nose instantly feels numb against the humidity in the icy air.

Snow crunches beneath my feet as I take each stride with dread. My heartbeat races knowing that I'm going to have to face the bloody crime scene. It was something straight out of my nightmares, something that I never thought I would have witnessed and all at the hands of the man I once loved.

He wasn't the person I loved anymore, he was a completely different person. H had shoved away Harry in an unknown place that I had no information on. H had told me Harry was away and that still wasn't comprehending fully in my mind. I didn't understand where or what "away" meant.

Th fists I had stuffed in my pockets were now facing the frozen air as I knocked on the door calling out Elizabeth's name. I knew she wasn't going to answer but it was all for the stories sake. Again I call out her name knocking on the door before opening up the door to smell the decaying scent of blood and fresh corpses.

My heartbeats pounds in my chest and drums in my ears. Tears boil over in my eyes again seeing John's dead body strung out over the floor, soaking in his own blood I began to choke on the smell.

I pace to the nursery where Elizabeth's body laid like John's drowning in her own blood. I peek down into the crib to find the baby where H had left him. I scooped down and grab him shielding his eyes from the crime scene he had been left in. I reach into my pocket and dial mine one one as fast as my fingers would allow.