12| J O K E

My eyes peel open to the glowing light that's streamed in rays through the living room window onto my face. I take a deep breath and yawn feeling a comfortable warmth on top of my body.

I blink rapidly to shield my eyes away from the sun and see my fingers are still tangled up in H's curly brown hair. He snores softly into my chest holding me close to him while he laid on top of me. The silence is peaceful, birds chirp every once and while whistling the morning song.

A strong smell of mixed alcohol brushed up my nose, I wrinkle it and look down at the culprit of the scent. I gather strength to push the peacefully sleeping man off me but pause momentarily. I can feel Harry's heart beating faintly against me, I sit here for a little while and admire his soft features while he breathes lightly. It was nice to see him like this.

I sigh out and close my eyes gathering the rest of my strength to forcefully push Harry off of me. He falls to the side and bumps his head against the wall groaning out while I hide away a chuckle. I sit up and start to get up before his hand wraps around my ankle, I try to wiggle his weak hand off me and giggle a little more from the smile curling on his lips.

"Let go!" I pick up my foot and wiggle his arms until it resembled a noodle.

"Come down here and make me," His eyes are still closed while he tugs at me causing me to lose my balance and fall on top of him. He grunts out and moves his hands up to where my white tee shirt rode up my back. I bite my bottom lip when I feel his fingers trace up the spine in my back.

"What are you doing?" I ask him snapping back to reality when I see those playful eyes absorb the morning sun that streams in through the windows. He illuminates in the light as I watch his eyes travel back to mine.

"I've missed you," He tucks a few strands of hair behind my ear, my heartbeat quickens when I hear this. Was he really back?

"Harry?" I whisper with a shocked expression, my skin tingles under his touch. I watch those pale green eyes closely and see a sort of brightness ignite in them, I didn't know if it was just my wild imagination but for a second I saw him.

"Who else would I be?" He asks me as a smile widens and I tackle Harry in a hug. Emotions creep up and wash over me as I hold Harry close, I sniffle and feel burning hot tears brim my tear ducts.

"I'm sorry for everything I said before, I was just upset and I didn't mean it I'm-"

"Shhhh," Harry coos to me sweetly running a hand down my hair to comfort me. I can smell the sweet scent of coconut on him that gives me the sense of familiarity.

I didn't know how many days had passed without him because it felt like each day blurred into the next. It had been an ongoing nightmare that I kept trying wake up from even though there was no waking up. Some nightmares are real.

"I was so scared I lost you," My lip quivers as I sit up and straddle him, sitting on his lap. Our hands intertwined like barbed wire, his ring clad fingers touch my warm skin on my fingers causing them to chill against the cool metal.

"Elle, you can't ever lose me," Harry tells me pulling me down by my hands till I am laying on top of him. He kisses me again and at the moment I can't ever imagine him leaving me again. he was trapped inside his mind, or so that's what H lead me to believe. H told me he had pushed Harry to the "away" which was a place I was still yet to understand.

"I thought I had, Harry why didn't you tell me about your mental illness? I had no clue you were struggling," I reason with him wondering why he hadn't told me about this. I had no clue Harry struggled with such a serious mental illness. Without saying it I knew he acquired DID which stood for Dissociative Identity Disorder or as some people knew it by, multiple personality disorder.