Chapter 4: Maggie

The bus rolled up infront of the venue. We were in Boston for the first night of our first real headlining tour. I walked off the bus with my hands in my pockets and took a deep breath. I made my way to our trailer to help load-in for soundcheck. I reached for a guitar case and noticed how bad my hands were shaking. 

"You alright?" Toby asked me noticing my hands.

"Yea. Fine." I gave him a fake smile and walked into the venue. 

I walked up on stage and dropped the guitar case off on Connor's side. I stood center stage and looked out at the vast venue that would soon be filled with dozens of screams. I jumped when the spot light came on and fell on me. My tall shadow stood beside me. 

"Sorry, Riley. I didn't mean to scare you." James said from across the venue. 

"It's alright." I yelled to him. 

"Let's go boys! We've only got two hours for load-in and soundcheck. Let's get moving." I heard our TM, Nick, yell. 

I turned to walk off stage and saw Connor behind me. He looked at me and gave me a reassuring smile. 

"Everythings going to be okay." He said to me and I smiled in return. 

I headed down the long hallway to the back door of the venue to go back to our trailer. As I turned the corner I ran into something or someone. I felt the hard pavement of the sidewalk slam against my back and a pressure agaisnt my chest as the person fell on top of me. A cardboard box fell beside us with t-shirts and bracelets now spilling out of it. 

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry." The girl said getting up frantically. "I'm so sorry!" She crawled over to the box and began shoving the t-shirts and bracelets back inside of it. "I'm seriously so sorry. I should really watch where I'm walking. I'm sorry!" She repeated. 

I scooted over to the box to help her repack it. I didn't say anything I just chuckled. She tucked a piece of her dark hair behind her ear revealing her green eyes and freckles. She looked up at me for the first time since the incident, "Why are you laughing?" She asked. 

I shrugged my shoulders and placed the last bracelet in the box. I stood up infront of her and reached my hand down to help her up. She gladly took it. Her cheeks were a light shade of pink from embarassment and she was looking down. 

"Again, I'm really sor-"

"Don't." I said and she looked up at me. "It's okay, really. You don't have to say sorry."

"I said it alot didn't I?" She asked and I nodded. "Sorry, I ramble when I'm nervous. I'm not really sure why I do it. I also talk really fast when I'm nervous and I'm probably doing that now and I just -"

"I'm Riley." I said sticking out my hand.

"Maggie." She said taking my hand and shaking it nervously. "It was nice meeting you. Um, I really have to go do this thing and uhh see ya.." She bent down awkwardly and picked up the box and walked into the venue. 

I watched as she walked away and then shrugged and walked back over to the trailer. I grabbed the last two guitar cases that sat in there and walked them inside. I walked onto the stage next to Connor and sat them down.

"Hey, Connor?"

"What's up?" 

"Do you know who that girl is?" I asked him motioning for him to look towards the back of the venue to all the merch tables. 

"I think she's the merch girl for Plug In Stereo." He told me, "Why?" 

"I ran into outside. I don't think she knows I'm in the headlining band..." 

"She'll figure it out tonight." He smiled and  walked backstage. 

A/N: Yay! A female character! I'm sorry if this story isn't as good as Crazy Love. I just really have writers block right now and yea....sorry. Anyway, vote and comment please! Toodles!

P.S. I'm also starting my Connor fic. Keep an eye out for it!