Chapter 3: We're Gonna Be Busy This Summer

Connor and I walked into Guitar Center and headed straight towards the rows of guitars. I watched Connor as his eyes scanned each guitar intently. I'm sure he knew exactly what he wanted he just needed to find it. 

"How about this one? It's sick." I said pointing to a red Gibson Les Paul. He walked over to me and looked at it. 

"Yea, I like it but it's not what I was looking for. I saw one online but I can't find it here." He said strolling away. I rolled my eyes and sighed knowing we would be here awhile. Connor could spend hours in this store looking at nothing but guitars. Before I knew it he was out of sight. I scanned each isle of hanging guitars and ended up finding him sitting down strumming a red and white Fender American Telecaster guitar. 

"Is that it?"

"Yea," He smiled, "I found it." 

"Good. Can we go now?"

"Do you not like spending time with me?" He said offended but jokingly.

"No, not in this store. Come on." I said walking away towards check out. 

We paid for the guitar and headed to the car. Connor placed his brand new guitar in its case and placed it on the backseat in the car. I was surprised he didn't buckle it in with the seatbelt. As we drove home we decided we were hungry and stopped at Jimmy Johns for lunch. 

"Have you thought about it?" Connor asked me after chewing a bite of his sandwich. 

"Of course I've thought about it." 

"I don't want to push you to a decision so quickly, Ri, but I need an answer. Management is calling tonight." Connor informed me. I played with the cap on my water bottle and thought of how to answer. I sighed and listened while Connor crumpled up the paper his sandwich was once wrapped in. He threw it down on the table and looked at me. "Well...." 

"We're gonna be busy this summer, I guess." I said and Connor's lips extended into a smile. 

A/N: I'm sorry my chapters are so short and they only feature Connor and Riley right now but they are just fillers. It will get better once they start tour I promise. I have a question though. Would you guys want to see Riley get back with Andy or would you want him to meet someone else? Vote and Comment. :)