Not expecting, really

"Welcome back Miss Aliyah!" Lindsay greeted me as soon as she see me entering our building. Ohh it's so nice to be back in my own comfort zone.

"Thanks, you look good today Lindsay!" I pull her for a hug but loose it soon, as we proceeded inside the lift. Few greeted me as they see me, well, back to work.

"Miss Aliyah, i want to see Sophia!" She excitedly said once we reach our floor. Nothing change, same old faces and cubicles.

"She's looking for you too." Sophia knows Lindsay, because she stayed with us at Australia until Sophia reach two, then she got home three months before we get home here.

"I want to see her Mam, is she going here today?" As much as i wanted to, i want to protect my daughter. Mom taught me things on how to take care of my girl, because she treats me so well, that until now, she's doing great.

"You can go to our house, you know that i'm not exposing her." That's right, i'm not letting anyone to harm my little one. Lindsay just nod, then proceeded to our real world. Time for work.

"Mam, this is your time table for today." Lindsay handed me my schedule for today, well, they do miss me a lot. Non stop meetings.

Meetings here and there, until it was the time for my last meeting. I get up from my lovely chair, stretching, until my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Miss Aliyah, it's Agatha, Sophia wants to talk to you." Oh my gosh! Lindsay walk inside my office, signalling that my last meeting is here. I just nod at her then smile.

"Alright, pass her your phone." I smile, even if they are not seeing me. My daughter is the only one that can give me happiness like this.

"Lindsay, send my four o' clock in." I press the intercom, letting her know that it's okay for me to have my last one.

"Mommy!" I heard Sophia's cute little voice, it's giving me a fulfillness. I remain standing, but now, i'm facing my glass window, so my back was facing my door.

"Hello princess, how was your day?" I tuck my phone in my left ear, then listen attentively to my daughter.

"It's good, i miss you, mommy." Sophia was the sweetest girl i've ever know. This morning, before i left her in her room. She didn't loose her hold on my body. Sophia just keep on hugging and kissing me. I'm sweet, that's why she got that attitude from me.

"Mommy miss you too, how about you go dress up. Mommy will just finish this last meeting, then we'll go to mall. Alright?" I heard her yelling, "Mommy's the best!", i am, just for her. I'll do my everything for her.

"See you later pretty, love you." I softly laugh, then hang up my phone. She's amazing. She quickly swept away all the tiredness that i am feeling.

Turning around, i almost jump as i saw the last person that i'll be having my last meeting.

"Good Afternoon, what can i do for you?" I asked, simply acting like i'm good to see her.

"So the rumors are true, you're really back." She snapped at me, then get up from the stool.

"What do you want Janine? As far as i know, i have no business with you." I snap back. I have no time for her, even on her family, i'm over with them.

"It's about Joshua, Aliyah." I stop on my track as those words slipped out of her mouth. What?

"What about him?" I don't want to deal with Joshua, i'm not ready, or should i say i don't want him.

Janine started her story about Joshua. While she's telling me those things, my heart's skipping it's beat and it's really making me nervous. She also asked for forgiveness, in which i quickly accepted, i'm not that bad.

"Janine, i don't think i can do it." I shook my head, then vow it. That's the toughest thing to do.

"For your child Aliyah, please." She knows? How?

"H-how did you-"

"I heard you talking to her, i want to meet my niece Aliyah, can i?" Meet my daughter? I sighed then sit back on my chair. If she meet my daughter, will she be telling it to Joshua?

"Don't worry, it will be a secret between you and me, please Aliyah." I look at her then nod my head. It's time for my daughter to meet someone related to her.

"I'll just leave some work to my secretary, then call her nanny so that they can go here, is it okay if you wait?" Janine nodded.

I left some work to Lindsay, there are few that needs to be finish, she knows how to do that. I walk back inside my office, seeing Janine on her phone, so i decided to call Agatha.

"Agatha, ask the driver to drop you here at my office, is Sophia already dress?" I asked once she answered my call.

"Yes mam"

"Alright, need you here within ten." I hung up the line, seeing Janine smiling at me.

"Her name is Sophia?" She asked amusingly

"Yes, it's Sophia Joanne, suggestions from my friends."

"It's pretty, i can't wait to meet her." I nodded, and prepare my things. Later on, Lindsay walk in, saying that my daughter is finally here.

"Mommy!" Sophia run towards me, launching a big hug and kisses. My baby looks so great today.

"How was your day princess? You've been good to Agatha?" She nodded then kiss me again. I look over Janine, she's looking at us, smiling.

"Ohh, i want you to meet someone honey, is it okay?" She nodded, i put her down to the floor then walk towards Janine.

"This is Aunt Janine, Sophia. Greet her." Sophia looks at me, hesitating at first.

"Hi." She shyly said, giving Janine a small smile, but Janine pull her for a hug, whispering some words that i can't hear.

"Aliyah, she looks like Joshua." She shook her head as i notice tears forming in her eyes.

Sophia looks like Joshua, her green orbs, her tanned skin, the shape of her face, she got it all from Joshua. It's just my hair and my nose that she got from me.

"She is." I mumbled

"Mommy, who is Joshua?" My world stops, i look at Janine and she shook her head then smile at me.

"One of my close friend, Aunt Tina and Aunt Irene knows him." Sophia nodded her head then get up from Janine's lap.

Janine and i decided to bring Sophia to the mall and it seems like Sophia enjoyed it a lot. She's been hyper and all, and that's the reason why she is knock out when we got home.

Aliyah, thank you for today! I'll visit you again maybe tomorrow, i can't get enough of Sophia and my daughter wants to meet her only cousin, so i'll bring her with me. Thank you again! Remember my request and sorry for everything.-- Janine

As i read her text, i was smiling like an idiot, i don't want anyone in their family to know that thing, but as she found it, she said that she understands my part about keeping it. We're a little close, because we exchanged numbers, but that's it.

I'll try, but i can't promise. Tomorrow night will be good, at seven, see you :) -- Aliyah

I laid back on the bed, beside my pretty little girl. She's the most unexpected thing that happened in my life.

I think, it's a better start.