Chapter Nineteen

Agreed

My whole world froze for just a split second... I couldn't believe it. They were going to fight... over me!? To the death...

Death... Judas could die for real this time, I had no doubt that Makram wouldn't spare his life – why would he? The only thing standing between Makram and I was Judas, and Judas wasn't going to back down.

Makram wouldn't back down either... even if I asked him to.

They both wanted me and they were going to die for me...

I glanced between Judas and Makram, my heart thudded so harshly in my chest that I could hear it in my ears. The tension was so thick I felt suffocated and the silence that fell over the group was deafening but it didn't last long as Makram stepped closer to Judas and I, sheathing his sword and holding his arms out.

"Eden stays with me" He stated, waiting with open arms to take me from Judas who scoffed, standing with me in his arms as he faced Makram head on.

"How about no" He replied, taking a step back as Makram took one forward, eyes narrowing as he suddenly darted out a hand and grabbed my arm making me flinch, wincing at his bruising grip.

"Eden stay with me! I do not trust you" Makram growled stepping closer till he was pressed up against my side, leaving me squished between two strong muscular chests.

"And I don't trust you" Judas replied, eyes narrowing in return at Makram who bared his fangs. The both of them were growling at each other now, making there chest rumble and making me feel like I was on a freaking vibrating massage chair!

"S-stop it!" I snapped, yanking Judas grey t-shirt I still had a tight hold on and shaking the arm Makram had grabbed to get their attention.

Eyes of ice blue and soulless black shifted down to look at me. I shifted uncomfortably at those gazes, so filled with determination and fear...

I licked my lips slowly, letting go of Judas shirt and reached to Makram's hand on my arm, gently prying it off and though Makram let go, he quickly grabbed hold of the blanket that covered me – but not to take it off, only to hold onto me in some way.

He seemed nervous, under all that anger and hate I suddenly saw a look of vulnerability flicker across Makram's face when I removed his hand... he was scared.

I swallowed thickly, now I had their attention I was unsure what to say or do... they didn't trust each other.

"Eden will stay with me" a voice in the crowd suddenly announced breaking the uncomfortable silence.

Makram stepped back, looking over his shoulder to Dayne who was still crouched beside his father with Decimus and Coby by his side.

"What?" Makram frowned, muscles visibly tensing and that in turn made Judas arms tense around me as if he was expecting Makram to act out and start another fight.

"Neither of you can trust the other not to run when you have Eden in your care... so leave him here with me" Dayne explained, standing slowly and wiping the tears from his cheeks with the back of his hand before he faced us both.

"I don't want to be apart of this stupid war and neither do any of our packs" He stated, glancing around him at the wolves and scorpions who awkwardly stood about "This is between Judas and Makram and I will be damned if anyone else dies over this" He shouted.

"Eden stays with me... Decimus' pack and my father's are enemies and so are Makram and I... you can trust us and You" He pointed at Makram "You are going to heal my dad"

Makram pursed his lips thoughtfully glancing back at me and then up at Judas.

"If Judas agrees... so do I"