Chapter Fifteen

“Eden~… Eeeeden~~ Come on Darling… open your eyes”

I didn’t want to though… I was finally relaxed and I wasn’t in pain, if I opened my eyes it would all come back.

“Eden!... Eden! Open your Eyes!” The gentle voice from before sounding suddenly more urgent.

I frowned at that - it had been so teasing; gentle, loving… it sounded familiar… it sounded like---

“EDEN! OPEN YOUR EYES!!” I bolted up right as the voice screamed right in my ear bringing me face to face with Uncle Noah, however he wasn’t how I remembered him – he was how I last remembered him.

Limps torn apart and face bleeding – flesh hanging from his now visible muscles.

A sob caught in my throat as I tried to scramble back away from him – why was I dreaming this again!? Why!? I didn’t want to see this again!!

“Eden… r..run… they did… t..this” Noah told me chocking on blood that bubbled past his lips as his eyes sunk into their sockets, his skin decaying quickly giving him more and more a zombie like appearance.

He reached for me with a skeleton hand and I screamed, though the hand never reached me as wolves suddenly pounced on him from the darkness, ripping his remains to shreds.

Unbearable pain exploded in my chest, making me gasp as I sobbed – watching my uncle die all over again and again… I couldn’t do anything!!

“N-Noah…” I whimpered but my whimper made the wolves’ freeze, their red glowing eyes rising to look at me, licking the blood from their canines before they suddenly raced towards me and pounced.

I fell back into the darkness at the sight of blood dripping fangs and black claws that came at me but never touched me as I sat bolt up right in a bed.

It was just a dream… It was just a dream… I told my self as I tried to get my hysteric breathing and pounding heart under control just as the door to the room I was in was flung open.

A tall man entered looking startled himself and deeply concerned as he strode over to the bedside and reached a hand out to me.

I flinched back – who the hell was this man!? Where was Coby!? Dad!? …. Judas – Oh god, where was Judas!?

I went to scramble from the bed – my aim to escape the strange man who caught me by my upper arms, keeping me in place as memories assaulted me… I remembered now and I sunk in the bed as I remembered putting Judas into a coma, getting kidnapped by those freaks and then falling… waking up on a beach to a pack wolves.

Yes… this was the Alpha… “Zarek?” I whispered, coughing after since my voice was so hoarse – my throat felt so dry and rough as if I hadn’t had anything to drink in years.

“Yes Eden… That’s right and do remember my son?” Zarek smiled warmly, gesturing to the other side of the bed where a man sat in a chair beside the bed that I hadn’t noticed till now… had he been watching me sleep?

“Dayne” I murmured, remembering the brown and black coloured wolf I’d clung to upon awaking on the beach. The fact I hadn’t been afraid of him had been weird but I guess wolves were better then the freaks that Makram were.

“Good Eden… Good” I scrunched my face up at Zarek’s praise, he was treating me like I was some child – like some dog and that irked me.

“Do you remember how you got here?”

“I…I fell…” my voice wheezed and I coughed violently at it, it was then I felt the horrible sharp pain in my ribs which I grasped, looking down to my bandaged sides and groaning.