❝Your Hands Are Really Nice❞

Pairing: Jughead Jones x Reader
Word Count: 2383

Description:Reader is too shy to tell Jughead about her feelings, so Veronica and Betty take matters into their own hands (mostly Veronica)

Warnings: Swears, fluff so much fluff

Written by [crankpendletonplays] • Tumblr ©

▪️▪️▪️▪️

Being in love with your best friend isn't easy

Being in love with your best friend isn't easy. It feels like taboo, like it's wrong and unhealthy. You'll lay awake at ungodly hours of the night, wondering, "How did this happen?", you'll replay every moment of every waking minute you spent with them, wondering how in the world you ended up lying on your floor with an empty bowl of ramen beside your head and imagining what it would feel like to kiss them. You'll catch yourself admiring the tiniest insignificant things about them, and every detail of their stupidly cute face, and every indent and curve and freckle on their body, and let me tell you, it sucks. Falling in love with your best friend isn't easy, especially when your best friend is Jughead Jones.

I sat across from the raven-haired boy at Pop's, Betty next to me and Veronica across from her. Betty and Veronica were having an open conversation about school and Jughead sat staring out the window, an uninterested look on his face and a milkshake sat in front of him. I would glance up at him in between paragraphs of the book that sat on the table below me, my arms crossed in front of it. My friend looked distracted and I was curious to know what was bothering him. I rested my hand on the fabric of his jacket sleeve and he finally came back to reality, turning his attention towards me.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I questioned lightly, and I saw a hint of a smile flash across the boy's face.

"I just can't seem to piece my thoughts together." He spoke to me softly, smiling back reassuringly.

"I think I'm gonna head out." Jughead hopped over the back of the booth seat, waving goodbye to Veronica and Betty and climbing in to the booth behind me to press a friendly kiss to my cheek. I was glad he couldn't see my face because he would have seen the blush that spread across my face as fast as a wildfire.

After Jughead left, Veronica scooted over so she was in front of me, and Betty moved to the other side of the booth. I sucked in a deep breath, knowing exactly where this was going.

"No." I spoke immediately, dipping one of my fries in to my shake and popping it in to my mouth.

"Yes." Veronica and Betty both replied in unison. I shook my head, opting to keep my mouth shut this time.

"Come on Y/N! You have to tell him!" Veronica urged, slamming her hand down on the table. I jumped a bit before relaxing back into my seat.

"Guys, you know I can't do it! What if I lose him? What if he hates me? What if I catch on fire or spontaneously combust! Or—