❝ Play Again? ❞

Pairing: Cole Sprouse x Reader
Word Count: 1189
Warnings: None

Description: An imagine of you and Cole together with your friends, playing a game called 'Cipher's Quest' where every one of you is required to take dares and do it. Unless if the destined steps are already commanded.

■ ■ ■ ■

"Alright, that wasn't supposed to be five at all." Dylan squirms, moving his character into five steps after he rolled a dice.

"And I got a bag of chips." Dylan sighs as everyone in the room laughs. A bag of chips is like the boring quest on the board. We have a pile of 'em on the side as Dylan reached a bag of Doritos.

"Okay, who's next?" Theo, Dylan's friend asks. The room is surrounded by Dayna, Lili Reinhart, KJ, Camila, Casey and Cole and i.

"I pick Lili," Dylan replied, handing Lili the dice.

"I guess it's my turn then." Lili giggles, rolling the dice and she got... Four.

She moves her character in four steps as she got a property. Lucky her.

"I'll buy it." Lili smiled proudly with Dylan groaning. Lili dropped her play money and earned ten points.

"Aw, jealous." I pout as Lili giggled.

"Who's next, Lili?" KJ asked.

"I pick, Cole."

"Me?" Cole raised an eyebrow, dumbfounded.

"Yes. The Sprouse."

"Excuse me. He's not the only one." Dylan entered, eating his Doritos.

"Alright. Alright." Cole went to roll the dice, spotting number two. He shrugged and moved his character as he has to get a card. All of us laughs with Cole rolling his eyes.

"Who's gonna take it from here, folks?" Dayna grins.

"I'll take it from here guys." Camila entered with a smirk as she thinks of a dare.

Cole isn't really paying attention as I see them looking each other in the eyes but I don't know why. Camila went to clear her throat and turned her attention towards me.

"Y/N?"

"Hmm?" I hummed, startled. Cole and I looked up at Camila with a smirk playing on her face.

"Would you do the honor of playing 7 minutes with Cole?"

"Why me?" Everyone else is in fits of giggles as they grinned wider.

Let's say that I do have a big crush on Cole. I was a friend of Dylan's and meeting his brother, of course, holds a new friendship ahead of us. We used to go to University together, we daily hang out and I grew comfortable around Cole, he's a really fun guy.

Not until we graduated and he accepted a role in a TV series. Its called Riverdale and he got more busy, to be honest. Getting his co-actors introduced to us, we get to hang out with them as well.

It's all back to normal again but through the past weeks we had spent together, there are a few rumored mouths saying that Cole likes me. I don't want to believe it but what if he feels the same way as me? Plus, I think it's not infatuation anymore. I realized that I fell in love.

"Yeah, why her?" Cole muttered as he smiled at me in a quick stance.

It's kinda strange how Cole is despite cold towards me. I know that we don't catch up to much nowadays. Has the relationship gone to wherever god knows?

"Just do it, baby girl. It is a dare." Camile wiggles her brows as she winked at me.

"A stupid dare," I muttered.

"Hey, you guys will be expelled in the game if you don't do it." KJ chuckles.

"Fine, fine." Cole lifted his arms in defeat as he stood up.

Surprisingly, Cole grabbed my wrist. Following him upstairs, I hear the others blowing whistles as they cheered.

Since we're in Dylan's flat, we went to his room in this house. He went to lock the door as he sat silently on the bed. I'm still surprised though, feeling the awkwardness rise up, I went to the frame of the big window and starts tapping my feet to keep me company.

"This should be quick." Cole smiles as I look up at him.

His blue-green eyes are still bright but the bags under them symbols the hard work he gives to his career. The dirty blond boy is a raven-haired now, though the dark shade suits him well. He's wearing his usual style of clothing that most of the time, he'll look aesthetically dressed but he sure does appear beautifully.

How come you can't love someone satisfyingly who's already in front of you?

"Staring is not healthy." Cole chuckles.

"Sorry, it's just. I missed you." Where the hell did that came from?

"I have too, Y/N."

"Oh--uh, good." I breathed out, hugging my own body. I feel the shyness coming and I feel exposed so, I do this. Actually, most of the time.

"Yeah? Come sit with me." He patted the space beside him and I did as commanded.

"How many minutes left?" I said, barely heard. He glances down at his watch.

"Five more." He replied. I started fiddling with my fingers, the thought of him being close to me makes me feel warm and nervous.

"Five more minutes to confess to you," Cole whispered. My tracks stopped as he looked up at me. His bright eyes are glistening with love as he stared at mine.

"What."

"Y/N..." He paused, putting his hand on my lap. I stiff a bit from his sudden touch, hearing him taking a deep breath.

"I'm so tired of them, all of it. I just can't keep it to myself anymore, I had been holding this feeling inside me and I'm tired of it."

"With what, Cole?" I went to cup his right cheek to assure him.

"With you. I-i like you, Y/N. For a long time now. I know Dylan and Camila and the others are a big tease but i-" Cole stammered, I went to cover his mouth with both of my hands as his eyes widened.

A huge smile plastered on my face full of happiness and I'm just glad that he finally said it. Now's my turn.

"I like you too, Cole. Wholeheartedly." I giggle as his face lits up with joy.

He went to hug me, tightly. As we both pull off, our five minutes is over. We decided to go outside the room as six of them were eavesdropping on the door. My face turns red, looking at Cole who is also in a pinkish state as well.

"The game just ended." Dylan stammered.

"And I believe an extra five could be a wonderful finish." Camila cheekily joked as they laugh.

Cole turned to me with a raised brow,

"What do you say? Would you play again?"

And I know for sure, I can't say no to that.

■ ■ ■ ■

Hello, people :) First imagine so far. I hope it came out well, I kind of made this in a hurry for a reason. The whole situation, including the game they're playing, is pretty much my idea. This idea actually popped into my head while I was watching Spongebob lol.

-galbii