❝ Devil In Me ❞

Pairing: Jughead Jones x Reader
Word Count: 1826
Warnings: None

Description: An HFK prompt imagine. Y/N and Jughead are childhood friends back in Riverdale. Moving out of the town is the hardest thing as she left her best friend in years with less communication to none at all. When she comes back, will she find Jughead different just like what she thinks of the town turned out to be? Or will she accept the risk of knowing so?

______

What is it like to leave your beloved friend of yours for a long time? Yes, awful.

Another day, another day, it's been a long time since you and your family moved out of Riverdale. There are so many wonders and questions that you keep in yourself, and the least common one is being drop-dead curious of what does that town looked like from now?

You must admit, your first week in your new hometown did not end up as easy as you expected. Being at the age of eight and knowing that this would be your permanent place, it's not that quick to recover.

However, over the years, you grew and have grown matured enough hitting the mid-teen-year of your life. You manage to handle your lifestyle as low-key as possible, though you still think it's pretty odd if somebody ever meets you because you're completely a different type amongst other people.

One breezy night, your Mom and Dad came home from work with the hugest smiles on their faces. And you know for sure that there's something new to them that they could be hiding from you, unless;

"We're coming back to Riverdale!"

The two cheered. You didn't quite fix the expression of it if that's simply their way to surprise their daughter or they're just joking. But there's nothing will hold you down now, because in the current, you've been attacked with the greatest news ever.

In the next day, of course, you're excited, you all are. The last remaining hours you had from last night was spent by packing up your bags and getting yourselves prepared for the trip to your favorite town. Even though you didn't catch that much sleep, the excitement inside of you is still there, still activating your nerves as it gets you more hyper every second.

Skipping the strand of your roadtrip, you and your parents re-arranged your things in respective areas as you finally got your room all settled. That happened in three days, including your enrollment in Riverdale High School. But with all the things you've done that kept you busy, you still didn't know how and where to find your best friend, Jughead.

But during your thinking of a way on how to find him, you suddenly see a shadown not far from your porch. The boy is seated in a bench, silent and at peace. You don't want to assume whatever is on your mind right now but something bothers you that that figure of his looks familiar.

As you take a few more steps near the quiet boy, you take the chance to observe its features. He's wearing a checkered blazer and a dark shirt underneath, and up above his head is a crown beanie that covers his raven hair. Oh, he's also eating a burger in hand while reading a book.

"Jughead?" Is what had escaped from your mouth. The boy looked up, staring you with his blue eyes as he knits his brows together.

"Can I help you?"

Oh my god, it's him!