Crystal and John

Thursday was just a simply boring day. Dalton must have left me 7 messages. It was about time he got a taste of his own medicine. The only thing that got me through school was knowing my birthday was on Saturday! I figured my mom would make me my favorite dessert. Strawberry Rhubarb pie. I was more of a pie person than a cake person. I normally invited a few friends to have dinner at my house. So I planned to ask my girls.

       I walked down the science hall after 5th period on Friday. I was heading to my locker when I burst of wind knocked me over. "Lilly!! Whoops sorry." Crystal helped me off of the ground. "John asked me out!" I knew she wasn't lying so I didn't say 'really?'. "That's awesome. When's your date?" She looked ecstatic. I wonder if Emma had anything to do with this. Well I had shot a couple of hints at John here and there. "Tonight at 6! I have 3 hours to get ready and I'm freaking out!" I took my phone out of my zebra print backpack and called Emma. "Did you hear the news?" She squealed and I took it as a yes. "Find Aris and meet me at the front entrance. We are gonna make her even more irresistible."

        We all ran into my house and startled my mom. "What's going on here?" I ran up the stairs. "Sorry mom, can't talk. Crystal has a date to get ready for!" I'm sure she was smiling. I remember how happy she was for me when I had my first date. "Straight or curly?" She decided on straight. I grabbed my straightening iron and set to work. "Why do you have a straightener?" Aris wondered. It probably didn't make sense considering my hair was super straight. "When you are obsessed with fashion, you have to have all kinds of hair irons." They agreed with my logic. "So where is he taking you?" Emma asked. "We are going to see IM5 perform at the city walk! And I want all of you to come." It took some convincing for me, but I knew I had to be there for Crystal on her first date. She would always be there for me. "Dress or skirt and blouse?" She ended up wearing an adorable pink polka dotted summer dress that I had grown out of. She was a few sizes smaller than me. She wore my cream ballet flats. I put some rose lip stick on her and a little mascara. I ended up curling my hair, Emma crimped hers and Aris curled hers. It was my first concert and I had to admit that I was excited.

      There was a knock on the door and I opened it to see that it was John. We had texted him saying to pick Crystal up at my house. We all watched as she made her way down the stairs. She looked so gorgeous, like a princess. I saw how John's eyes lit up as he watched her entrance into the room. "Crystal you look amazing. How did I get so lucky?" She blushed. "Thank you. Well I'll see you guys there. Thanks for all your help." They walked down the stone path in my front yard and he held the door of the Prius open for her. They were so cute together!      --------------------------------------------------------------------

       The concert was so great. IM5 sounded even better live and I didn't think they could get better. They did covers of 'How to Love', 'If I ever fall in love', 'Call Me Maybe/Payphone', and 'Boyfriend'. After they sang, they had a signing session. We all waited at the end of the long line as a joke. "What's your name?" Cole asked without looking up. "Lilliana." I said like a valley girl. "That's funny, my friends name is.." He looked up and then gave me a hug. "You're too cute." I giggled like a school girl. The guys got up from their chairs and gave me a hug, except for Dalton. He awkwardly stood to the side. "Guys, these are my new friends. Emma, Crystal, John, and Aris." Emma looked nervous, which wasn't like her. "It's great to meet you Cole. I mean all of you." She blushed. "It's nice to meet you too. I like the name Emma." I could see that they were getting along well. "Can I talk to you, Lilly?" Dalton asked timidly. "Ok." I replied. We walked a little bit away from the others. "I can't tell you how sorry I am for ignoring you for so long." I wasn't ready to accept his apology yet. "Dalton, I'm not exactly in a forgiving mood right now. Let's talk another time."

       I walked back to everyone else. We said goodbye to the guys and my mom picked us up. John dropped Crystal off at home and I knew they would be having many more dates. "I got Cole's number!" Emma exclaimed. "You were right, he is such a nice guy!" I was really happy for her. "Congrats Em! So do you guys want to come over tomorrow for my birthday?" Aris looked around awkwardly. "I'm really sorry Lilly. My grandma is coming in from Detroit. I promised her that we would go to Disneyland." I was a little disappointed. "Aw Lill, I wish I could! My older brother is coming down from college for the weekend. We are gonna go surfing and then bowling." Now I was really sad. "Oh, that's ok. There is always Crystal." I called her right then. "Hey! My birthday is tomorrow as you know. Do you want to come over and hang out?" She paused for a second. "Oh Lilly, me and John are going to the mall and to the beach. I'm sorry. I feel terrible. I can cancel." I didn't want to make her do that. "Don't worry about. The other girls are busy too. Maybe we should just do something Sunday." They all agreed and we planned to hang out at the pool at my house.