audtions

I walked up the steps to the school that I hoped I would be going to for the next 2 years. I was aware that the audition would just be me and about 10 other students who didn't get to try out during the summer. Some people would try out singing, some dancing, and others playing an instrument. It was 4 o'clock and the halls were deserted except for a few stragglers. I was supposed to go to the auditorium, but I couldn't find it. I saw a boy with light brown hair walking towards me. "Hey, can you point towards the auditorium?" He stared at me like he knew me. "No way, Lilly?" I was a little scared that he knew me. I was sure I had never seen him before. "Sorry do I know you?" He just smiled. "Oh no, I dont think so. Sorry I'm John. I'm Cole Pendery's friend." He held out his hand and I awkwardly shook it. "Nice to meet you, but how do you know me?" He chuckled. "Well Cole never stops talking about you and I've seen pictures of you." It made sense to me now. I sure hoped that Cole didn't have a crush on me. I mean he was a great guy but he was just my friend. "Oh cool. Not to be rude but I really need to get to the auditorium." He started to walk and I followed. "Right this way. You must be trying out for a spot here. You sing right?" I nodded and we entered into a giant building with bright orange seats and a fancy stage. The second I walked in, my name was called. My heart began to race and my plams got sweaty. I was just about to give up when John comforted me. "You are gonna do great. Now go rock that stage!"

     I pushed myself up to the stage. 'This is it. Now or never.' I thought. I handed the tech guy my CD and moved to the microphone in the middle of the spacious stage. I took a deep breath and waited for the lady with the clipboard to give me my cue. There were maybe only 20 people in the crowd but that was enough to make me nervous. She signaled for me to start.

When you dance, when you smile, when you laugh, I love everything about you, how you dress and your style, you're an angel, I love everything about you

chorus: oh whoa, I wanna celebrate today, we gon' throw a party for you, whoa, just be yourself boy cuz I love, love, love, love everything about you, is perfect amazing, I can't get enough, everything about you, is driving me crazy, boy because I love everything about you, everything about you is driving me crazy, boy because I love everything about

Your calogne, those sweet eyes, your kisses, I love everything about you, don't change boy just be mine, you're a king and I love everything about you *chorus*

And I think we gonna be together forever, plan a trip we can go wherever, wherever, just be yourself cuz I love, love, love, love everything about you is perfect amazing, I can't get enough, everything about you is driving me crazy boy because I love everything about you (repeat) everything about you is perfect amazing, I can't get enough everything about you is driving me crazy boy because I love everything about you

I opened my eyes to see everyone standing and applauding. It was not the response I was expecting. I picked Everything About You by IM5 because that's how I felt about Dalton. If only he felt the same way.

   I walked off the stage and heard someone scream my name. I turned towards the back of the room and saw IM5, John, my mom, a girl with braided sandy blond hair, and another girl with straight blond hair. Cole ran up to me and hugged me very tightly. "Cole I can't breath." He let go of me. "Oh sorry, it's just so cool to actually see you in person. And that was awesome by the way!" I smiled at him. "Ya right." Everyone said I did great. " Great job. I know that you'll make it in." John said. "Hey Lilly!" Will gave me a quick hug. "I loved your song choice." Dana gave me a side hug. The girl with straight blond hair was close by him. "Hi, I'm Madison. I'm Dana's friend. You were seriously amazing." I thanked her, she seamed really nice. "Lilly, it's great to see you." Gabe patted me on the back. "Honey, I'm so proud of you. I hope you don't mind that I invited them all here." I shook my head. "Not at all, I'm actually really glad they came."

        Then I noticed Dalton was in the corner talking with the sandy braids girl. I doubtfully walked over to them. "Hey Dalton." He smiled a tiny bit. "That was great Lilly." He didn't hug me, which I expected. "This is Julia, my girlfriend." I tried to hide my sadness and surprise with a smile. "It's so nice to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you." Julia said. "It's nice to meet you too." I didn't mention that I had never heard anything about her. That's when it all made sense. 'Dalton has a lot going on.' Cole's words ran through my brain. "Would the people who auditioned please come to the stage." The lady said. I was so glad to leave that situation.

     I stood next to a boy who was shaking terribly and a girl who looked way too over confident. "It is a great honor to be accepted to this school. After discussing our opinions, my fellow judges and I have come up with the results." She paused for effect. "The names that I will call are the 5 people that are staying here at The Angels School for Performing Arts. Whoever's name is not called must leave and I wish you all the best. We have had many talented people here today and I am proud to tell these people that they have enough talent to become big. The rest of you should not give up but strive to become better." She dragged on and it was hard not to have a breakdown. I couldn't stand the suspense of waiting. She was handed a piece of paper. "Here it is: Natalie Bryant, Donovan Chan, Jackie Rally, Christian Cohan." Each person stepped forward and beamed with pride. My hands started to shake as I waited for the last name to be called. "Samantha Dizen. Congratulations everyone, I look forward to seeing you all this year." My heart sank and I trudged past the guys. I got into my mom's car and didn't allow myself to cry. I knew that I wasn't talented enough.

      I heard someone tapping on the window and I opened the door. "Lilly!" Cole shouted. "Can you please just leave me alone?" He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the car. "No, just come with me!" He took me back to the auditorium. The lady who announced the names earlier came up to me. "You must be Lilliana Kai." I said that was me. "Well we were just informed by Donovan's parents, that he faked his audition, the piano was a recording." I didn't see how that had anything to do with me. "You were the next on our list. So you can go to school here now!" I couldn't believe it. I hugged the lady and probably scared her. I ran to my mom and we did a happy dance. The whole gang gave me a group hug, even Dalton, Julia and Madison. That was one of the happiest moments of my life.