Crushes

Dalton's P.O.V.

     I woke up Wednesday morning knowing exactly what I had to do that day. I didn't look forward to it, but it couldn't wait. The moment I looked into Lilly's breath taking brown eyes, I knew I still had feelings for her. I grabbed my cell phone off of the nightstand. "Hello?" Julia said. "Hey, Jules can you come over?" I avoided talking to her all day yesterday and I was surprised when she said ok. I put on my black skinny jeans and my green day shirt. No one else was home, so I had nobody to stop me from what I was going to do.

       The doorbell rang and I doubtfully answered the door. "Come on in." I said and she gave me a hug. This was going to be harder than I thought. "Do you want some Raisin Bran?" I asked. "Do you have anything else?" I knew that was her least favorite cereal but I didn't want her to never be able to eat Cheerios again after our conversation. "Sorry, nope." I lied and poured her some flakes with a few raisins. I sat down with a bowl myself. Then I took a deep breath. "Julia, the past few months have been great. You're like perfect in every way." I saw her smile get bigger. "This is difficult for me to say. But I don't think it's gonna work out between us." She looked down at her bowl of cereal. I couldn't stand to see her like this. "I feel like a jerk, I'm so sorry. But I'm gonna be honest with you. I thought I was over Lilly, but I'm not." She looked up at me with understanding eyes. "I understand. I thought we were getting really close but then I saw the way you looked at her. You're right this is all for the best." I was shocked at how lightly she took it. She was truly a great person. "Thanks for being so easy about it. Please don't let this make things awkward between us. We can still talk you now." She picked up her bag. "Ok, we're still friends. But you need to go tell Lilly how you feel about her." We both headed to the door. "I don't think I can do that. I'm pretty sure she hates me." She laughed. "No one can hate you Dalton. You're like the easiest person to get along with, besides the other guys. Just talk to her. That's a step." She gave me a side hug and left. That was actually pretty easy, but talking to Lilly would take a lot more courage.

To: Cole, Will, Dana, Gabe

I broke up with Julia.

Lilly's P.O.V.

   After school Emma, Aris, and Crystal came over. We got some chips and candy from the cuboard and headed to my room. "So Crystal, what's up with you and John?" Her cheeks flushed light pink. "What do you mean? We are just friends." Emma and Aris rolled their eyes. "But you want to be more than friends, am I right?" She looked down at her black ankle boots. "Maybe. But I don't think he likes me that way." I had seen him glancing at her when he thought no one was watching. "You should talk to him sometime. That's all it takes. Thirty seconds of courage." She said she wasn't sure if she could last that long without wimping out. "Come on, you are no wimp Crystal." Emma said. I guessed that she had already given her some of the same advice I had. "So Emma, got your eye on any California cuties?" She shook her head. "No, not really." Not really always meant sort of. "So tell me how you know Cole." Why did she have to change the subject? She went to my laptop and examined the background. "No way! Is that you and Dalton? You know him too?" Dangit. I had been meaning to change my background. But I couldn't get the nerve get rid of that picture. It was of him giving me a piggy back ride. Sophie, his sister, had taken it when we all hung out. I layed on my comforter that had dolphins and waves on it. It reminded me of Hawaii. "Ok, well me and Dalton ran into each other on the beach one day in June." I told them everything from the first day we met until now. "So he seriously hasn't talked to you for 4 months?" Aris asked. I nodded. "Well except for telling me that my audition was good, but I didn't count that as a conversation." Emma patted my arm. "You poor thing, I would hate him if I were you." I never considered hating him as an option. I was upset with him, but hate is such a strong word. It's not like I would never talk to him again. That would make me miserable. "I can't hate him. It's just not possible." Crystal looked at me with questioning eyes. "So you still like him?" I didn't want to, but I guess I did. "Ya, I do. But.." "Julia." They all said in a disgusted tone. "Guys, don't hate on her. She's really nice and Dalton deserves her." I hung my head off the side of the queen bed.

Give me the chance to love you, I'll give you the only reason why, cause you are on my mind.

   My Cody Simpson ringtone ironically played. I walked out of my bedroom for some privacy. I saw that it was Cole calling. "Hey, beanie boy." I said in a sad voice. He laughed. "Whoa, contain your enthusiasm." I felt bad for ruining his happiness, if that was even possible. "Sorry, I'm just a little depressed." I could hear his smile when he spoke. "Well turn that frown upside down. I have some news." I loved how he was always smiley and positive. "Dalton broke up with Julia." I instantly felt sorry for Julia, I know how she must be feeling. "That's terrible, why are you so happy?" I asked. "I thought you would be, he did it for you." I had no idea what he meant. "Why would he do it for me, then I seam like a jerk. Causing Julia's heartache." I pictured him shaking his head. "No, no. Julia's fine. Couldn't be better. Dalton wants to talk to you." I would have loved to talk to him, but I needed more time. "I have to go sorry." I hung up and regretted it. Oh well, hopefully Dalton would call if I was important to him.

    "Guess who that was?" I asked the girls. They didn't have any guesses. "It was Cole. Aparrently Dalton broke up with Julia because he still likes me. He wanted to talk to me but I hung up. Man I hate drama." They all asked a bunch of questions at once. "Are you happy?" "Are you gonna talk to Dalton?" "What are you gonna do now?" I screamed into my pillow. "Does that answer your question? No I'm not happy. I want to talk to Dalton but I'm not ready. And I have no idea what to do." I took a deep breath and straightened my bed. "Sorry guys I'm just stressed and confused." They all tried to comfort me. "Well we don't need to worry about him right now." Emma said. "By the way, I have a small crush on Cole." She blushed. I thought that was cute. "Seriously? That's awesome. Sometime I'm going to introduce you to him someday." She beamed. "You would do that? Thanks!" The rest of the afternoon was fun. We took silly pictures and danced to our favorite songs.