Fate and Friendship

Every morning since I could walk, I would wake up at the crack of dawn to run along the beautiful shores of Kauai. There was just something about the cool ocean breeze against my skin, that made me feel like I belonged here.

   One gloomy April morning, I woke up a little later than normal and my mom thought the weather wasn't suitable for me to run in. I assured her that I could handle the cold and flew out the door without waiting for a response. It was slightly cooler than most days, but I Lilliana Kai, am no wimp.

   I kicked my legs to the beat of " Say Somethin", by Austin Mahone, which was blasting through my new Beats. I was singing really loudly, but it wasn't like anyone was listening to me. "Say somethin, if you're feeling the vibe, say somethin, baby dont be so shy, say someth......"  I cut off mid sentence when i realized i was only ten feet away from another jogger, who didn't look like he was stopping anytime soon.

"STOP!!", I screamed. But it was too late. Less than a second later, we collided. The force coming from both of us, knocked us onto the soft sand.

   I found myself staring into two deep sea green eyes . I must have held his gaze for at least 5 minutes, but I couldn't help it, those eyes were intense. I suddenly remembered that I was making it difficult for him to breath. I got up and held out my hand to help him up.

    He willingly took my hand and sprung up from his spot on the sand. "I'm Dalton", he said sheepishly, "I'm really sorry about that, I need to be more care..."

I cut him off, "No, it was my fault. I was too busy listening to my music and I didn't slow down." He sent a gracious smile in my direction and it was enough to make almost any girl melt. But I was not about to fall for a guy i had met only minutes ago. I extended my hand and said "Lilliana, nice to meet you".