Chapter Seven

AN: Just a quick FYI as a couple of people have mentioned it, the no reflection for vampires actually comes from the OLLA deleted scenes. I have three vampire books so I have heavily researched vampires and their mythology, and that superstition comes from the silver (used as the reflective backing) that mirrors used to have and silver is often used for purification and repelling evil/magic in supernatural mythology.

As a science geek, I have always hated the mirror thing (and the no casting shadows but that's another rant) because it just doesn't make sense and even if it was 'true', why don't their clothes show up? They should look like the invisible man when seen in a mirror, but they never do.

Added to that, I particularly hate it in this film because vampires also weren't supposed to show up in photographs, primarily because Silver iodide is highly photosensitive and was used to coat the photographic plates in early photographs, such as daguerreotype, calotype and the collodion process (I also write historical novels) yet in this movie, we have the mirror myth but also Adam and Eve in Victorian era photographs. ARGH! Yeah, so it's in here because it's part of the movie mythology, that's all.

Unless stated in the film, all other mythology is my own, a product of my research into various vampire myths and I've picked what fits with what we know about this universe, or what makes most sense to me and fits with my story.

A link to the deleted scenes can be found in the comments One mirror scene is at 15.18 and the second is at 20.36

Finally, thank you for reading, commenting and enjoying. :D

Chapter Seven

They were awoken by Ava jumping on the bed the next night.

"Come on, wake up! You can't sleep the night away."

"Get off me!" Lilith said, kicking out and although she landed a blow, it wasn't forceful thanks to her legs being padded by the quilt.

"It's been dark for two hours!"

"We were up late this morning," Lilith explained. "Now go away."

"Why were you up late? Will I have a new sister soon?"

"No! We were protecting the house."

"Ohh, sounds interesting."

"It's not," Adam interrupted. "Now go away."

"Come on, you must be hungry by now."

"Ava!" Eve's voice came from the door. "I told you to leave them be."

"But you won't let us eat until they're up."

"For God's sake, Ava, stop acting like an addict!" It was unusual to hear Eve shout and Lilith managed to pry her eyes open to look.

"But I'm really really hungry!"

"Then go and find your own dinner! While you live here, you live by our rules and given your antics the last two times you have visited us, you need to accept that you can't be trusted."

Ava pouted as Eve dragged her away.

Lilith gave a long sigh. "I guess we'd better get up then."

"I guess so."

Reluctantly, she left the warmth and comfort of the bed.

When she emerged from the bathroom, Adam was sitting up in bed with his tablet computer.

"What are you doing?" Lilith asked.

"Your UV light plan gave me an idea."

"Oh?"