Chapter Two

AN: The music used in each chapter will be posted at the top, in case you want to look the songs up on youtube. I have an eclectic taste in music, from Barry Manilow and Dolly Parton, to P!nk and Muse, and almost everything in between. For obvious reasons, music features heavily in this fic and I hope you will look up some of the songs. You never know, might find a hidden gem among them.

Love of My Life by Queen

Crazy by Patsy Cline

Blood by My Chemical Romance

Passacaglia by Handel, a piano four hands duet.

Chapter Two

Lilith appreciated Eve's desire to make sure she was all right, but she almost felt as if she was being watched, or maybe guarded. She felt guilty for ascribing such motives to Eve but she couldn't help it. Maybe Eve did just want to make sure she was okay but Lilith sensed that there was more to this, to everything that had happened.

Why didn't Eve tell her Adam was coming? Even if she had forgotten to mention it that night, she must have known a few days in advance, right? And why leave a note on her fridge telling her? That was where Lilith left shopping lists and sometimes, notes, but Eve preferred to speak in person and on more than one occasion, had awoken Lilith to let her know she was going out and would be back until nightfall, when a note would have been more than sufficient.

Did she mean for last night to happen? Could she have predicted that? She had known Adam for what? Over 400 years, so she could predict his behaviour better than anyone.

But assuming that she had known what would happen, why? She couldn't believe that Eve wished her harm.

Perhaps Eve had planned their meeting, but it hadn't gone at all how she expected. That was believable. So now, was Eve watching Lilith because she still feared what Adam would do to her? Or maybe because she feared that Lilith would reveal their secret? Or was she being paranoid and Eve simply wanted to look after her?

No, something was going on here, she just didn't know how bad it was and she needed to be on her own for a while to sort through her thoughts. Eve stayed in the room as she bathed, making sure she didn't get dizzy. Unable to get the bandage on her arm wet, Eve helped her to wash her hair but when she tried to help her out, Lilith assure her she was fine. Eve simply retreated to the bedroom and picked some clothes out for her.

Lilith felt a little like a child, being allowed a certain amount of autonomy, but only to a degree. Eve knew her style well though, so Lilith didn't argue with her choices of a black jeans and a red shirt. Lilith loved bold colours, even the ones that people told her clashed with her red hair.

"I wonder how late The Bed Factory is open?" she said as she dressed. She had little in the way of modesty with Eve, it seemed pointless.

"We'll get you a new mattress, darling, but I don't think we should do it tonight, you need to rest and recover."

"I need somewhere to sleep."

"You can sleep with us. I'd feel better with you in there with me, in case you need me."

"That's kind but you and Adam need time alone."

"Nonsense, our love is about far more than sex."

Lilith gave her a look which asked 'How dumb do you think I am?'

Eve laughed. "I haven't seen Adam in almost two years, and I'm as in love with him now as I was the day I met him."

"All the more reason you need privacy."