1st Day

BPOV

 I watched as the sun sided though the open window. Morning. I heard feet approaching, i quickly closed my eyes, then the door opened.

"Bella, its time to get up" Came a soft voice. i opened my eyes to see Rose standing above me, holding a candle since it was quite dark still. i nodded then stood up, making the bed back up, but it was easy since it was juat a wooden frame with hay, covered with grey cloth and the blancket to sleep under. I fixed my belt on but the bag would need to be sewn back together. I slipped the moneybag straps on the belt before i tightened it. "Today i'll treach you how to sew and weaving where i work. Sewings not so hard but weaving is a little more difficult. You can make clothes or baskets with weaving" I nodded then walked out the room with Rose. Alfed was sitting at an old table, eating small bits of cheese and bread. The young woman from last night was sitting by a fire, pulling branches and logs into it when needed.

"Bella this is my daugher,  Agnes and her son, Perryn." Rose said, pulling me forwards.

"Nice to meet you" I said with a warm smile. The boy smiled and nodded then finished off the cheese then trotted away, to i expected was to his room.

"What would you like to eat. All we got is bits of bread, cheese and some venison" Rose asked, opened a wooden cuboard that looked like it was about to fall to pieces.

"Im all right for now. Im not really that hungry" I replied truthfuly, but i knew i had to eat for the apperance. Rose nodded.

"Im going to show Bella around town. Agnes, Rose you can take Perryn to work with you. Then when we arrive, Agness you can teach her to sew, Rose you can teach her to weave." Alfred said, finishing his food and stood up. "Oh and we need a trip to the Lord's place. That should rightfully be yours since he passed away. Here" He handed back my stamp then led me from the house. "Im guessing you don't remember much about the currence. We in this time we have Pounds, testoon (later called Shillings), and Pence. Their either silver or gold. 12 pence makes a testoon, 20 testoons makes a Pound. Simple enought." He explained, taking out vearious coins.

"Ohhh" I had accturly no idea what the old currencey was in this times.

"Yes anyway." He continued "The most common coin in this time was the Crown, which was worth five testoons. The coin that was worth two Testoons and six Pence was known as Half-a Crown, or “2 and 6”. The silver coin that was worth 12 Pence was known as a Sixpence. The silver coin that was worth four Pence was known as the Groat. The only silver coin that was worth a Penny was known as the Penny. A ha’-penny is the nickname of a half penny.The coin that was worth two pence was known as a Tuppence. A coin that was worth one pound, but equaled 20 testoons was the Sovereign" I looked at him wide eyed. This was more complicated then i thought. "Don't worry, you'll get the hand of it" Alfred said, catching my glance. I hoped so.

He then led me though a market, pointed out places like a church or a bakers stall. Then we finally walked towards a large grand house, made of large stone, and looked far better than anyother house i saw here. It looked a lot like a castle but on a much smaller scale. "This was Lord Walter's house. It would have been given to another rich lord if you didn't show up. This way." He then walked to a solid oak door and banged on the door loudly. I heard a scurry of feet then the door opened and a thin, wirely elderly woman with white hair and pale blue eyes peered around the door.

"Can i help you Alfred?" The woman asked, reconising Alfred beside me. 

"Yes this is Bella. I found her yesterday, but she has lost her memory, I thought she was just she was a normal citisan untill..."He trailled off then, took the stamp from my hands. The woman took it then looked at the crest on it. Her eyes widened.

"Please come in" The womans said, pushing the door back.

"Thank you" I said, brushing past her. The woman smiled then led us though the building.

"I didn't know that Lord Walter had a living relative, a daughter probably. He lost his wife and unborn child in a house fire, five years after they married. He was never the same since. As you heard he died a few days ago. This is his privet chambers" The lady said, opening a door at the end of a long corridor. The room it self was tidy, Paper stacked up neatly on the desk, a pot with feathers in, a pot of ink too, and a small leather box on the table. On one of the walls was a large tapesty of a tree.

"Whats this?" I asked, pointing up at it.

"That is the family tree. Theres him" She poingted at the bottem on the tree. There on it was a young man, with brown eye and hair, even a small beard. His face expression was strong, hopeful, happy. I guess this was before he got married. But next to him was a beautiful woman, with long blond hair, and sparkling blue eyes and under there was a circle but it was blank, no one was in it. i couldn't help but pity the guy. 

"Come on, i'll show you around" The woman said kindly, leading me away from the tree and though the room door. She pointed out the dining room, the servents rooms, the guests room, things like that. Finally we made it  back to the chambers. "Since your the last living relative of Lord Walter, it is very unusal for a woman to take charge of the house and its other assets. You now  Lady Bella of the Walter estate" My mouth dropped. "Im Linda, head maid" I nodded. "Im guessing you can move in straight away, Have you got everything?" I nodded. she looked at me surprised. 

"All i got is this" I said showng her my spit bag, ring, money and stamp. Linda looked at me for a moment.

"Linda, in a hour, Bella here is going to learn how to weave and sew, like all women should" Alfred commented.

"Yes of course. Embodary too." Well that sounded like fun. Then linda guided me and Alfred to the door. "You can bring her back tonight" 

"Of course" he said then led me from the house