The Werewolf in the Woods...10

Chapter 10

Third-Person POV

     "See, Loren isn't so bad!" Cqari squealed in Amaris' ear as they walked along the beach again. They don't know why, but it seems more romantic when they walked on the beach. The sun was setting so the sky was filled with orange and purple. It was beautiful and so is she.

     Amaris shrugged. "I guess not." He didn't care much about Loren not liking him. He only cared about Cqari liking him. And he told her just that. "I don't really care if he likes me or not, I just hope you like me."

     Cqari looked at him. "Of course I do. Do you like me?"

     Amaris gave her a look and then laughed. What are they, little kids now? Asking each other if they like each other? "You don't even have to ask."

     "So, tell me then; what do you like about me?" 

     Well, that was easy. Amaris stopped in front of Cqari and looked her in the eyes as he said, "Cqari, I like everything about you. No, actually, I love everything about you. I love how your eyes sparkle in the light and start glowing in the dark. I love how you smile, especially when I'm with you. I love how your hair blows in the wind and how it blows away from your beautiful face. Yes, that was corny but it's the truth."

     She giggled.

     Amaris continued. "I love your laugh. I love how soft your hands are. I love how innocent you are. I love your soft, full pink lips. I love the fact that you put a smile on my face even when I'm thinking about you! I love-"

     Cqari silenced him with a kiss. "Okay, I get it," she smiled against his lips and wrapped her arms around his neck.

     Amaris wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her up. "Does that convince you?"

     She nodded. "Yeah, it really does."

     Amaris smiled.

     Boy, he hasn't been this happy since he was with his mother. "Cqari, you understand why I killed my mother, right?"

    She shook her head.

     "She..went crazy. She went delusional. She even tried to kill me." He let her go to lift up his   shirt and show her his scar on his stomach. She raised her eyebrows and Amaris knew she wasn't really paying attention to the scar. That made him smile. "Seriously?"

     She blinked and looked up. "Hm? Oh, sorry," she laughed nervously. "I see the s-scar."

     "Do you really or are you just looking at my abs?" he joked.

     She rolled her eyes. "You can't blame me."

     Amaris laughed.

~~~~~~~~~

     When they went back to the cottage, Amaris decided to tease Cqari so he took off his shirt. "You want to see more scars?" he asked her.

     "Hm?" she turned around and blinked. "Uh..." she gulped. Then she put her hand on her hip and raised an eyebrow. "Nice," she bit her lip, looking at Amaris' nicely toned body. Amaris laughed. "Ooh, did I just say that?"

     Amaris shrugged and turned around. He heard Cqari gasp and felt her hands rubbing the lines of his scars on his back. Damn, it felt good. She was only tracing the scars and Amaris was already excited!

     "What happened?" she whispered.

     "I was whipped when I was a boy," he turned around and looked into her eyes. "Not by my mom, but by the guy I worked for. He was rich and I had nothing, so I worked for him. Everyone told me about him. How he's selfish and if you don't do anything that he wanted, he would whip you. I was naive when I was younger so..." he shrugged.