The Werewolf in the Woods...7

Chapter 7

Ady's POV

     It took Loren a while to come back. When he did, his eyes were red and he burst through the door. "Ady! Ady, come quick!"

     I gave him a confused look but followed him out the door. "What's up?"

     He stopped me in front of the woods and looked me in my eye. He was smiling like crazy. "It's Carnell."

     "What?!" I yelled out, wanting to back out of the woods. Why the hell did he bring me out here if Carnell was back? If he's back then he would want revenge! I shrugged out of his grip and was about to walk back into the house, but he grabbed me again.

     "No, listen. Carnell has a son!"

     My eyes widened. I let him drag me to the center of the woods, and I saw him.

     "Holy shit!" This is Carnell's twin, forget son! You're not supposed to look like a twin to your father! Well, not like this! He laid his eyes on me and his eyes widened.

     He looked at me real close. I mean, seriously, he eyed me up and down and everything, slowly. Then he cocked his head to the side. I sighed and said, "Okay, look, before you say anything, I'm not-"

     "You are not my mother. I noticed when I came closer." He interrupted me. He started walking closer to me and I wanted to back up. "You may look exactly like my mother, but you do not have her scent. My father was too naive to figure that out." He looked at me like he was disgusted. Scent? What, does she have a kind of scent to her that I don't?

     When Loren said something, his eyes flickered straight over to him and you would have thought that he was looking at Loren the entire time. "Is your mother alive?"

     His lip twitched like he wanted to smile. "No, I killed her."

     "WHY?!" Loren and I both yelled out. So, this whole time, she was alive?! Even when we thought she was dead? Carnell was right, she was alive, but he just thought that I was her? Did he even know he had a son?!

     "Because she went insane when she found out her soul mate died." His lip twitched again. "As you may know, when your soul mate dies, it feels as if a knife has been pierced through your heart or as if you have fallen into a dark and cold hole, filled with spikes."

     Loren and I exchanged looks. I guess that's how I know Loren wasn't dead. I didn't feel like that.

     "She went wild: threw things, stabbed things, and killed things. She scared the hell out of me. She even stabbed me, in the stomach, dragging it to my side." He lifted up his shirt and showed a long red gash. I tried to look at the cut instead of his body. It looks like the cut was made not too long ago.

     "When did this happen?"

     "Almost a week before New Years."

     Loren and I exchanged looks again. Loren killed Carnell exactly a week before New Years.       "What's your name?"

     "Why are you people so interested in me? Is it because of my father?" he asked.

     "YES! You look exactly like him. And to be honest, we killed your father."

     He didn't look happy, sad, mad, or even surprised. He simply nodded, probably understanding why. "Well, my name is Amaris."

     "We're Loren and Ady. Yes, my name is almost like your mothers' which is too weird. We're mates, Carnell already knew that, so I don't know why he still thought I was Adeline."