Chapter 12

Since this book is published, only a sample remains on Wattpad. Content stops after chapter eighteen. Please keep reading with this information in your mind.

Chapter 12

From day one, I was told not to lie. My mum kept telling me it's bad and you will just hurt people in the end but right now, I felt like lying to her about the drugs. I couldn't let Seth get into trouble nor did I want him to get in trouble. I squeeze Seth's hand hard and he looks at me, a scared look on his face.

"Mum, do we have to talk about this right now?" I ask, turning back to her.

"Yes, I don't need a drug addict in my house. He will destroy you as well. You're supposed to be a good child and not get into troubles."

"Mrs. Perry, I can explain." Seth starts. "You see, the drugs aren't for me, they're for my parents." My mum laughs at that and looks at Seth.

"Do you honestly think I'm going to believe that bullshit? I know how teenagers like lying to get away with things but I don't tolerate lying. You either tell me the truth or you get out of this house, immediately."

"I'm telling the truth! Those are for my parents!"

"Why haven't you given them to your parents then? Want a little dose to yourself before handing it to them, huh?"

"Mum!" I cut in. "Don't talk like that to him, he's our guest and River's best friend."

"I don't want my children to talk to people like him. Seth, I'm going to have to ask you to leave the house before I call the cops and tell them about this."

"But—"

"No buts, Seth. Get out of my house, now."

"Mum, you can't just do that!" I yell, stepping closer to her.

"Ella, be quiet. Adults are talking right now. Go to your room, we'll talk later about this." She says and points upstairs. My mouth falls open as I hear those words leave her mouth. My mum, the person who has always been super nice and loving, says things like that to me.

"Ellie, it's okay. Do what your mother asks you to do," Seth says and smiles at me. "I'm a strong boy, I can handle this." He winks and pushes me towards the stairs. I cross my arms over my chest and walk to the staircase. I hide behind the wall and stay quiet until I hear my mum's voice again.

"I know you're a nice guy and everything but I'm doing what's best for my children. Maybe it is for the best that I found your drugs, and in case you don't know I work for the DEA and I deal with drugs all the time, that's how I know it's amphetamine," My mum says.

Bullshit, she doesn't know what amphetamine is like, I think to myself.

"Now, I can suggest a good therapist for you if you need help but I'm not going to sit around and let you ruin Ella's life. She's a bright child and needs a good boy around her, not a delinquent like you. So I'm going to have to ask you to leave her alone or you will face the consequences."

"Got it, I'm out." Seth mumbles and shortly he appears at the staircase. His eyes widen as he sees me and he pushes me upstairs quickly. We enter his room and Seth locks the door behind him. "Why were you listening to our conversation, Ella?"

"Are you going back home now that my mum kicked you out?"

"I don't have anywhere else to go, you know that." Seth sighs. "But don't worry, I can handle my parents."

Just as I expect, Seth comes to school next day with half of his face bruised. I don't know how bad it looks but judging from the way he keeps his head low and how he has a hood covering his face, I can understand the view must be horrible. Seth parks his motorcycle at his usual spot and climbs off it. The shocking thing is that he doesn't have his hair gelled up as he usually does. Girls start staring at him as Seth walks towards the school, trying to stay unnoticed but once you're popular in high school, you never stay unnoticed.