Chapter 1

Since this book is published, only a sample remains on Wattpad. Content stops after chapter eighteen. Please keep reading with this information in your mind.

Chapter 1

"Mum, if I ask you a question, promise you'll say 'yes'," My brother, River, walks into the kitchen and my head snaps towards him. My mum is making breakfast and I'm currently working on an essay for school, therefore him interrupting me isn't the greatest thing.

"Depends on the question," Mum chuckles.

"My friend Seth needs a place to stay―"

"I swear to God, River, if you're going to ask mum if he can stay here I will chop off your arm!" I say as calmly as possible.

Seth Lee is the most arrogant guy ever. He thinks that just because he looks like a Greek God he can get anything he wants in life while others sweat their butt off to reach their goals.

River chuckles nervously, "I'm not going to ask that, what're you talking about," he then proceeds to walk up close to mum and whispers to her, "Can Seth stay with us for a while? I promise we won't destroy the house."

"Oh, honey, of course he can!" Mum exclaims. "Seth is such a wonderful guy, I'd be happy to have him living with us for a while." My mouth drops open as I hear those words leaving my mother's mouth.

I glare at River, "I'm sorry, what part of 'I will chop off your arm' don't you understand?"

River walks over to me and messes up my hair, "Ella, chill. It's not like he will steal your lip balm collection." The minute he says that, I feel my heart drop. My lip balm collection is the most precious thing to me and if something happened to it, I would not survive. I need my lip balms to keep my lips soft for my non-existent boyfriends.

"Don't say that, River!" I yell. "He might do that." Before River can reply, I grab my laptop and run upstairs. I lock my door behind me and walk to my dresser, which has my chapstick collection on top. I'm sure I have over 100 chapsticks by now and I keep buying more and more every day. You can possibly find every flavor in my collection starting from banana and ending with peanut butter.

I grab my favorite flavor, which is cherry, and put it on my lips. After that's done, I open my door and walk back downstairs. One thing, which is weird about me, is that I never let anybody into my room, not even my mum. Maybe I'm afraid of them stealing my lip balms or maybe I'm afraid of them judging me because of my obsession. Either way, I'm not letting anyone in besides my best friend Kelly.

Kelly and I have been friends since diaper days. We met in kindergarten, there was instantly a connection between us, and we've been inseparable ever since. Some people even say we're like Siamese cats since we do everything together. That's half-true.

After my five minutes of alone time with my lip balms, I walk downstairs and straight to the kitchen, where I can smell brownies, Nutella brownies to be specific. My mum loves baking and considering how Nutella brownies are everyone's favorite she makes them almost every day.

"Mum, why did you let Seth―"

"I'm home! Did you guys miss me?" an obnoxious voice yells and I roll my eyes. Of course, Seth Lee would come here now, when I'm just about to eat all the brownies.

"Seth, honey, I made brownies," mum yells back. "Come eat some before Ella eats them all." As she says that, the hallway fills with Seth's laugh and I feel a blush creeping onto my cheeks. Everyone knows about my loves for sweet things and the constant teasing about it is getting tiring.

Seth walks in and smirks at me, "Hey, Ellie, did you miss your hunk of a friend?"

"Call me Ellie and I will castrate you."

"Awe," Seth answers and walks over to me, pinching my cheeks. "I love you too, babe." He gives me a quick peck on the forehead and I gag. Many people might even think that Seth and I are dating, since he acts as if he's my boyfriend, but in reality, he just likes annoying me.

"For fucks sake," I mumble. "Will you ever stop annoying me?"

"The minute I stop annoying you is the minute hell freezes over," He chuckles. "So that's never going to happen. Besides, you're River's baby sister; it's my job as a best friend to annoy the crap out of you."

"Fuck you, Seth Lee, fuck you."

"We'll do the fucking later, don't worry," Seth winks and I look over at my mum who's just smiling at the both of us. She wipes away an imaginary tear and leaves the kitchen, smiling like an idiot.

Wow, what a great mother, I think to myself and grab a plate full of brownies before walking upstairs. I close the door and shortly Seth walks in and lies down on my bed.

I glare at him, "Would you mind leaving?"

"Ellie, if we're going to be sleeping in the rooms next door, you might as well be nice to me. I can take a lot of time in the washroom in the morning and I'm sure you'd like to shower too," He smirks.

"Say what?!"

A wide grin appears on Seth's face, "Ellie, I'm going to be staying in the room next door and we're going to share a bathroom."

Kill me now.