Chapter 3

Since this book is published, only a sample remains on Wattpad. Content stops after chapter eighteen. Please keep reading with this information in your mind.

Chapter 3

"Why the hell are you holding my lip balms?" I mutter angrily. Seth freezes and stares at me. It was like he couldn't say a word. I know that I will go on a rampage and hit him, once he says something. "Say something, you brat." 

Seth carefully places the lip balms back on my dresser and puts his hands in his sweatpants pockets, "Sorry, I was just looking at them." It's like his cocky attitude is instantly gone, once a girl yells at him.

"Never touch my things again, Seth!" I shout at him and grab his arm, pushing him out the door. He looks frightened and like he's about to break down because of my screaming. I close the door in his face and grab my phone from my bed. I dial Kelly's number and wait for her to pick  up.

"Hey, El, what's up?" Her cheerful voice says and I instantly smile. Her voice was like a melody to my ears and whenever I talk to her, I can calm down immediately. 

"Nothing really," I reply. "Do you want to go out with me somewhere?"

"McDonald's it is, be there in ten." Kelly hangs up the phone and I chuckle. Her obsession with McDonald's is getting worse by day and there's nothing I can do to stop her. It's like she doesn't eat anything else besides that.

I grab my black purse from my bed, lock my bedroom door and run out the door, before Seth can question where I'm going. My dad's car is parked outside on the driveway and I take out the keys of that car and sit inside, driving away from my house. As I'm driving I can't help but think about the expression on Seth's face when I yelled at him. He seemed so vulnerable. 

Shortly I pull into the parking lot, lock the car and head inside. Kelly is sitting at a booth near the left corner of the café and I walk over to her. She looks up from her phone and notices me, then lets out a little squeal. Her short blonde hair is straightened like usual and her bright blue eyes have a sparkle in them, which I normally don't notice. 

"It's so great to see you again," Kelly says and hugs me tightly. "Now tell me all about that brat Seth." I let out a chuckle and sit down in the booth, placing my hands on my lap.

"Well, River decided it would be fun if Seth stayed with us for a while so that's what's happening. I also found out that I'm going to be sharing a bathroom with him for however long he wants to stay and this morning he tried to steal my lip balms." A gasp escapes Kelly's lips and she places her hand over her mouth.

"Is Seth okay? Or did you hurt him a lot?"

Typical Kelly, always worrying about boys, especially Seth. Ever since Seth moved here with his family, which was about four years ago, Kelly has been obsessed with him since he's so beautiful in her eyes. Of course I don't see it, but I'm used to most people calling me blind because of that.

"Yes, Kelly, your dear Seth is perfectly fine," I roll my eyes. "I just yelled at him a bit."

"I'm so excited that summer break is over, I get to see Seth tomorrow," She says dreamily and starts looking to the distance, clearly dreaming about him. "Do you think he would notice me if I wore a beautiful dress? Or maybe if I did my hair really nicely?"

"Don't wear clothes and he'll notice you."

Kelly gasps, "That's a great idea," then looks over at my reacting and starts laughing. "But I would never do that, you know I'm not a slut like Amber." 

We both laugh at that. Later on Kelly orders a cheeseburger and after that we head out the door. She walks over to my car and hops in, waiting for me to drive her home. Kelly lives a few blocks away from me and I pass her house anyway so I might as well drop her off. 

As we pull up in front of her house, she turns to me, "Want to come inside?" 

I nod my head and turn off the engine. Kelly opens the door and we walk inside. As always, her house is filled with the scent of cinnamon and daisies. Her mum has an addiction with daisies, therefore they have a lot of flowers at their house. She also loves to bake, hence the cinnamon scent. 

"Mum, I'm home!" Kelly yells and places her keys on a plate next to the door. "Ella's here as well." 

When she says my name, her brother Mason walks out from the kitchen and smiles at me. According to Kelly he has had a crush on me for the longest time ever and he wants to make a move on me or something like that. I forgot to mention that he is almost two years younger than me.

"Ella, it's so nice to see you again," Mason says and hugs me tightly. He smells like aftershave and he wears a lot of aftershave. He says that's how he'll get all the babes. That's so wrong though.

"Mason, can you leave while me and Ella do some things?"

"Why should I leave?"

"Because I told you so."

"You're not the boss of me."

"Get out of here, you little punk."

Mason groans and stomps away angrily. I let out a small giggle and Kelly rolls her eyes. What a typical brother-sister relationship. Kelly grabs a packet of crisps from the counter along with two cans of Sprite and we head upstairs to her room. 

Kelly and I sit down on her bed and she pulls out her laptop to show me some pictures. They are all pictures of Seth, some of them are even shirtless. 

She looks up at me, "Which ones should I print out?"

I stare at her eyes wide, "Don't you think that's a little creepy?"

"You have pictures of Harry Styles on your walls so don't come here telling me what's creepy or not," she replies and I laugh. That is so true, I have pictures of Harry Styles on my wall and I'm not ashamed of it.

After spending hours at Kelly's house I decided to head back home. When I opened the door to my house I heard two people talking upstairs - Seth and River.

I slowly walk upstairs, making sure not to step on any creaking parts of the stairs and sneak to River's door. The door is partly open and I see both River and Seth sitting on the bed, talking about things. I hide behind the door and listen carefully.

"Seth, get it together, you can't let your parents hurt you like this," River says and places a comforting hand on Seth's shoulder. Seth whimpers and I feel a tiny pain tugging at my heart. He wipes away a tear on his face and looks at River.

"Thanks, mate, you're a great friend." They do a weird bro hug and then Seth stands up. I quickly walk over to my room and close the door. I let out a deep breath I've been holding in for a long time and sit down on the floor. 

But I can't help but think what did my brother mean by Seth's parents hurting him.