Sad! Levi x Reader (part 17)

Woah, part 17 already.... How did that happen? Anyway, thanks for reading this far, it means a lot!

Your POV

I don't know when I fell asleep, but when I woke up I was still in Hanji's office. She was also asleep, drooling onto her desk.

'T...Titans...love.....titan,' she murmured. Deciding that I couldn't spend anymore time with the Titan crazy woman, I stood ulOp and snuck out. Finding myself in a dark corridor, I assumed it was night and headed back to Levi's office. He still wasn't back. I left the room and wandered the halls, searching for him. Maybe he was cleaning?

After roaming the corridors for a while, I decided to look outside, as I still hadn't found him.  I searched the stables, the training area and the forest, and was about to give up when two figures by the 3DMG training area caught my eye.

Levi's POV

Amber backed me up against a tree, tearing at my cravat. I lashed out at her, bringing a knee to her stomach, and in reply she punched my jaw. Before I had time to react, she had gotten me on the floor. How on earth was humanities strongest being taken down by a mere trainee?! I kicked out and struck her left arm.

'She died because of you!' She sang, and used the fact I was distracted to jump on top of me. She threw my cravat to the side and slid away my jacket, pushing her lips into mine. I fought back trying to push her away, but she stuck like a limpit, her hands undoing my shirt. Please...stop.... Amber stopped and looked up as a gasp came from nearby. I looked up too. Oh...Oh no...

Your POV

I stood shock still as I saw who the two figures were. A girl who looked strikingly similar to Petra Ral, on top of Levi, whose top was unbuttoned. No... He wouldn't have... I staggered backwards as he forced the girl off him and ran towards me. He wouldn't have... I turned and ran as well, not caring where my feet took me, just wanting to get away from him. Tears fell down my face as I ran from the HQ and out towards the stables. I mounted my horse bareback and rode away into the night. He wouldn't have... I could no longer see through all the tears falling. I didn't see the branch. I didn't see myself falling, or rolling towards the stream. I didn't hear Levi scream my name, or feel him holding me in his arms, saying sorry over and over and over again.

But I did see a light coming towards me, dazzling me with unearthly purity. Then I reached it, and felt arms pull me through and I was a spectator, watching a handsome man hug and scream at the body of a young woman, shaking her like his life depended on it. And it did, because I could see that his heart was tearing apart with every breath he took and she didn't. Then it hit me. That man was Levi, and that girl was me.

I ran to him, and took his hand, but mine slipped straight through him. I started to cry; here was the person I loved and I couldn't even hold him. I couldn't even speak to him. Why...why...

'COME BACK!' he screamed, tears falling from his face onto my body, 'STOP JOKING AROUND, YOU'RE ALIVE!' he paused, his breaths ragged and forced. Footsteps sounded from behind him, and I turned to see Hanji running towards us. Well, Levi. She didn't see me standing beside him, strangely calm, only the empty shell in his arms.

'Levi!' She called, running over. She saw my body and tears fell from her face as well, 'Oh...'

He hadn't noticed her arrival, just kept sobbing in agony.

'I never...got to....explain...she died thinking... I was cheating..she died hating me.' He wiped away some of the tears from his misty eyes, only for them to refill with tears.

'I will never hate you, heichou,' I whispered, knowing he wouldn't hear me. If only he could hear me. Oh, heichou...

It was three days since I had left my body. Two since I had been cremated. And I hadn't left Levi's side the entire time. He hadn't eaten since my departure at all and now he locked himself in his office, not answering to anyone but Erwin. I saw the side of him noone else saw; the side that cried him to sleep, the side that made hin toss and turn and scream at night, then wake up sweating. I was always with him, but he didn't know it. That was what hurt the most.

I cried my eyes out, my invisible tears falling onto the sheets. When I looked up, Levi was gone. Why...