Sad! Levi x Reader (part 14)

Reader's Pov

Once Levi had left, I too returned to my room. It was just as I had left it, only with a layer of dust. Knowing what Levi's reaction would be if he saw it, I began to clean, humming to myself as I did. I was so into it that I jumped when there was a knock at my door.

'Come in,' I called. The door opened to reveal Eren, who looked very concerned. I tried to prevent my mind of reminding me about my dream fron the previous night, and instead cleared my throat.

'Yeah?' I asked when he didn't speak.

'Levi is having a panic attack and I can't calm him down,' Eren murmured, embarrased. I wanted to hit him.

'And you left him alone?!' I alnost shouted. Eren's teal eyes widened.

'Shit! Please come, you're the only one who'll be able to calm him down!' Eren pleaded. I nodded and followed him to Levi's office, and then into his bathroom. Man, he was a wreck. Levi was curled up on the floor, shaking, making choking sounds and breathing abnormally fast. I crouched beside him and took a sweaty palm in my hand. He pulled me to him so I was against his chest; I could feel his heart hammering against my skin, and held his head in my free hand.

'Shh...' I whispered, 'Its over now,' I glanced at Eren, who gave me a thumbs up. I looked at the man in my arms and sighed with relief; the panic attack was finished. I hugged him and Eren left.

'Thanks,' he whispered after a while, and I kissed his cheek in reply. There was no way I was kissing his mouth; I could smell the sick on his breath.

Levi's POV

I sat up, with my angel holding me tightly. I stood, and for a moment thought me legs would give way, but I was alright. There was a meeting planned for that day, and I didn't intend to miss it, even if it did promise to be boring. I put on my harness, jacket and cravat and left, with her in tow.

'Are you coming to the meeting?' I asked. Her pretty eyes widened, but she shook her head.

'I have stuff to do,' she muttered. I smiled.

'Thats ok,' I reassured, 'it'll be boring anyway.'

She laughed and went into her room as we passed it. I sighed, straightened my cravat and pushed through the large wooden doors to the meeting hall.

Everyone in the room stopped to look at me as I entered. I glared at them all and took a seat.

'Ah, Levi, I'm glad you're well enough to join us,' Erwin put on a fake smile. I tch'd.

'Why wouldn't I have been?' I said dryly, the sarcasm evident.  Erwin ignored me.

'So, as I was saying, Hanji's experiments concluded that Titans eat humans for pleasu...' He began to talk again and I zoned out, instead focusing on who was in the room. Erwin, Hanji, Eren, Mikasa and Armin to name a few, as well as some others. I noticed one person whispering to another, all the while glancing at my neck. I glared at them.

'Any questions?' Erwin asked as he finished what he'd been saying.

'I have one!' Called one of the people who'd been talking, 'Why did Levi Heichou feel the need to hang himself?'

I felt my chest tighten. No...stop. I couldn't show my weakness, but at this rate I was going to have another attack.

'Yeah, why was he so selfish as to hang himself when everyone else has suffered just as much?' Someone else called. I tried desperately to maintain my stern composure, but on the inside I was falling apart. If they said anything else, or even mentioned hanging again...

'Erwin... Make them stop,' I whispered to the man beside me. He rose a hand to prevent further questions, and as he did so one more person called out.

'Why did you hang yourself, Levi, answer us?!,'

'Erwin...' I croaked.

'Answer us!'

'I'm having a pani...' Before I could finish the sentence, I fell into another attack, this one slightly worse than the ones before. I tried to look stern but the feeling of dying was once again upon me and I did the one thing I had been willing myself not to do. I screamed.

I wonder what the soldiers thought then, seeing the emotionless ocd cleaner scream and collapse in a fit, fighting to regain composure. I heard Erwin telling the others to leave. I stood up, but then the world tipped and I was on the floor again, trying to breathe. I felt as though I was having a heart attack. Arms grabbed me and I panicked more, lashing out.

'Levi. Its me.' Erwin said calmly. I let out a small wail.

'Why did they have to see that?' I whispered when it was over, 'now they know how weak I am,'
Sorry its so short, guys T-T