Sad! Levi x Reader (part 10)

Sorry if this chapter is short or depressing or has bad stuff in it cos I just (as in about five mins prior to writing) broke up with my boyfriend... :(

Levi's POV (from before you had come into the room)

I stared at the rope in my hands, then up to the beams in the ceiling. They would hold my weight; I was light.

I fought back another wave of uncontrollable sobs  and swung the rope above me, pulling it down and quickly tying a noose. No-one would die under my command again. No-one would be led to their deaths by me. I stood  on the chair and lowered it around my neck. They wouldn't miss me. (y/n) probably only liked me because I was strong. Was. Not anymore.

The room lay in pieces from my previous antagonized fury, aimed at myself and noone else. I couldn't go on living, too many had died over the past month to count. It was my time to join them. I sighed and kicked the chair from my feet.

The pain was instantanious. I let the force of gravity do its work and willed myself not to choke too loudly. My hands automatically went to my neck and pulled me up, but I forced them to my sides. White spots danced in front of my eyes, darkness crept in from the edges. I don't know how long I hung there, suspended in agony with no way down, but soon I could no longer see straight. The world was black, and a rining sound filled my ears. Then, her voice, calling my name. She really did care....What was I doing!?  I tried to call her but all that came out was a quiet moan.  I managed a weak 'help me'. She understood and the door came crashing down within seconds. I can't imagine what I must have looked like to her, but it must have been pretty awful or she wouldn't have screamed. I felt hands pull me down, choking me further. No.. stop.. I heard a ghastly sound escape my lips and she recoiled in horror. I felt the chair be pushed beneath me, and I would have stood on it, but suddenly it was as if my legs weren't there. Now, I couldn't hear anything either. The pain around my neck was gone. A light was so close to me,  so close. My senses were all gone, and I realised I wasn't breathing. It hit me. I was dead.

There was no relief, no celebration. Only grief. Why was it her who had found me!? Why mas I too blind to see that she really did care, and now I was dead, so I had no time to apologize. At least now I could see Petra.

Then, I was being dragged away from the light and back into my senses. Back to reality. I found my body gasping for air, and my throat stinging from the rope. I rose a hand to where it had caused welts in my skin and grimaced as I ran it over the swollen skin. She cried and hugged me, and I hugged back, but still felt as if part of me was missing. Like part of me had died. Perhaps... my sanity.

Very short but I'm not in the mood for this right now