chapter 1!

I wonder if he's awake now… A young girl, about 15 years old, stood in front of a door. She looked through a tiny window, its curtains drawn, making sure her shoulder-length blonde hair was not a tangled mess and the large white bow on top of her head was in place. She smoothed out her school uniform, a brown jumper with a pleated skirt-like bottom and a large yellow ribbon resting elegantly across her chest, and set her brown schoolbag on the floor. 
Okay, Rin, you just need to go in there and wake him up. He's just your best friend, nothing more. No need to be nervous! The girl, Rin, thought. She touched the doorknob, feeling a small spark go through her hand, and slowly opened in the door. 
Oh my gosh, Rin thought, swooning. He's such an adorable angel when he sleeps. I don't want to wake him up, I just want to stare at him all day! But, oh well…
She crept slowly towards her friend's bed. He had a small smile on his face and his blonde hair covered his eyes. He was hugging a yellow stuffed bunny with a bow on top that Rin had made for him a long time ago.
"Len-kun," Rin said. The boy, Len, did not stir. "Len-kun, it's morning."
Rin kneeled down so her face was right next to Len's. She could feel his warm breath on her cheek. I—I've never been this close to Len's face before, she thought. It—it's as if we're going to…kiss?
"Len-kun!" Rin shouted, but Len still did not wake up. "Wake up, sleepyhead!"
Rin pursed her lips and started to move her face closer to Len's. I love him. I love him so much, Rin thought. But he never, ever notices me…how sad… Her heart started to race, doki, doki. 
It'll just be a quick peck on the cheek, Rin thought. There's nothing wrong in that, right?
Still, Rin continued to move towards Len's lips. Oh—oh my gosh, she thought. Just as their lips were about to touch—
"Kagamine-san?"
"Wuaah!" Rin jumped about six feet away, landing on her bottom. "L—Len-kun?"
"What—what are you doing here?" Len rubbed his eyes, still half asleep. "It's like,three in the morning…"
"I—I was just trying to wake you up," Rin said, tousling her hair. Her face was the perfect shade of tomato. "It's six o'clock already! If I don't wake you up now, you'll be sleeping in till noon!"
"Well, maybe you get up too early," Len laughed. "Well, I guess I can't go back to sleep now, right?"
Rin and Len Kagamine had been best friends since they were in diapers. They had the same last name but weren't related. Rin and Len's parents had been good friends, but when Rin and Len were only five years old, both their parents had died in a bus crash. Rin and Len had been living together ever since.
"I—It's our first day of high school, you know," Rin said, still blushing. "That's why we have to get up early again."
"We'll be in a larger school this year," Len said. "We may not be in the same class. It'll be a bit lonely, don't you think?"
"I—It's good to get to know different people!" Rin exclaimed. "I—I already packed your lunch and ironed your uniform and everything!"
"Aw, you didn't have to do that, Rin," Len said, flashing a smile that would make anyone melt like ice in the sun. "Thank you!"
Rin's blood began to boil as Len started to get out of the covers. Sh**! I—I forgot that Len sleeps in his boxers! she thought.
"I—I should be going now!" Rin gasped. 
"Rin, are you okay? Your face is red. Are you sick?" Len asked, his large blue eyes staring at Rin in the most earnest way. He was completely oblivious to Rin's awkward behavior.
He wears boxers with rubber duckies on them! How cute! Rin thought, getting a glimpse. 
"I should give you time to change! I—er—bye!" Rin dashed out of the apartment as fast as she could, slamming the door behind her. 
Oh my gosh, Rin thought. Her heart was beating in a way that felt like it would hop out of her mouth any second, and she was breathing heavily. Len is too frickin' cute! I—I really want to ask him out, but that could ruin our friendship! But since we're going to a larger school, he might meet someone cuter there! What do I do?
Dong, dong, dong, dong… A clocktower off in the distance started to ring the hour.
Oh, crap! Rin thought. I have to go catch the train in order to get to school! Grabbing her schoolbag, she dashed down the corridor.