Chapter 5

"Hailey, look at this." Jade said as she un wedged an old piece of parchment from the saddle.
"Cool, what does it say?" Hailey asked.
"Almost....got it...." Jade replied tugging on the parchment.
Hailey heard an awful rip and Jade fell back with half of the parchment in her hands, "Oh crap." Jade said.
"We can try to tape it?" Hailey suggested trying to make Jade feel better.
"Yea but we have to get the other half out!" Jade yelled in frustration.
"May I be of assistance again?" A familiar voice asked.
Jade turned around, "Lorek, you're back!"
"Yea, we need help." Hailey added.
Lorek cast a spell to undo the stuck piece of paper and put it back together.
"Hmm, we should really have Dylan take a look at this? He is good at decoding maps and locations." Hailey replied.

"Alright, thanks Lorek, see you later." Jade said.
•••••••

Later at the Brook's house:

"Well, Dylan we found the map." Jade reported.

"And, we brought it to you so you can decode it!" Hailey said.
"Grreeaaaaat." Dylan said sarcastically.

As Jade handed him the map she suddenly felt dizzy again. She sat down immediately before she toppled over again like in the tack shed.

"You okay girl?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah, Hailey I felt dizzy again something here must have a lot of magic in it." Jade said.

"The map!" Hailey said. "or Lorek is stalking us again.

"Woah, wait who is this Lorek you're talking about?" Dylan asked.

"I'll explain." Hailey said.

Ever since fifth grade Dylan has had a crush on Jade. He think that no one knows it but it is obvious.

"Okay, then." Dylan said after Hailey had explained.
•••••••

"Darmoore, I am still following her." Lorek said into the magi-talkie. "Her and her friend have gone to a boy's house and she is showing him the map."

"Well, at least she's getting somewhere." Darmoore's voice rang out over the magi-talkie.

"Yeah, but she doesn't seem to understand that she needs to be there at a certain time." Lorek replied.

"Yes, well maybe you can help her." Darmoore said. "I have to go to the throne room his highness awaits."
•••••••

"Dylan, do you think you know what or where these places are?" Jade asked pointing to a couple symbols.

The first symbol seemed to resemble a statue that might be located near a church or graveyard. The second looked like a tree. The third somewhat looked like a shack or stable. The last symbol was the most interesting. It was a glittering gold creature with long fangs, large wings, and sharp talons.

"Nope, no clue goodbye." Dylan said.
"Dylan, please?" Jade asked knowing that he wouldn't say no to her.
"Fine. The statue kind of looks like the one from the graveyard nearby. The tree could be any tree. The stable could be your stable and I don't know what else."
"Well, are we going to go looking for them tonight?" He asked.
"Yeah, wanna come." Jade asked
"I guess." He replied.
"Good, meet me at my house at ten." Jade said.