Chapter 17

"Hey, Hailey. Celestial and I are going to go find some wood." Jade said.
"Do you even know how to fly that thing?" Hailey asked.
"Um, no actually I don't but I'm sure that its not that hard." Jade replied. "Celestial are you ready to go?" Jade asked. Celestial turned towards her and cocked his head as if he was listening for something. He looked worried.
"What's wrong boy? Do you hear someth............" Jade was cutoff by a low rumbling.
"What was that?" She turned to Hailey.
"I...I don't know." Hailey said in a panicky voice. "Where are Lorek and Dylan?" Celestial growled. The rumbling started again and the ground shook. Celestial roared and flew out of the cave.
"Celestial! Come back!" Jade yelled as she fell to the ground. The rumbling grew louder and rocks began to fall from the ceiling as the ground shook.
"Jade!" Hailey yelled. She reached out to grab Jade's hand. A rock fell from the ceiling and Jade heard a crushing sound. The rocks were getting bigger and one had fallen on Hailey's hand. Hailey snatched her hand back and groaned in pain. Her fingers were unable to move and there was a searing pain in her wrist.
"RRRROOOOOOOAAAAAARRRR!" Jade heard. The rocks falling from the ceiling were getting bigger and piling up in front of the entrance fast. Jade grabbed Hailey and pulled her to her feet as she made her way to the exit.
Suddenly, Celestial burst through the rubble with five dragons in tow. He scrambled over to Jade and Hailey who hopped on his back. Jade jumped on the back of his neck and grabbed onto the long purple horned that protruded from the top of his head. Hailey jumped on behind her and wedged herself between two of Celestial's pointy spines that ran down his back onto his tail. The rocks were continuing to create a wall over the entrance even though the army of dragons Celestial had found were trying to destroy it.
"What about Dylan?" Hailey yelled over the loud rumbling.
"We don't have any choice! We can't go look for him in the tunnels." Jade exclaimed. "DYLAN!!!" She yelled. The only answer was the rumbling growing louder and sizzling. Lava burst from a wall in the corner of the cave and rushed toward the girls and the dragons. The girls screamed and held tighter to Celestial. Celestial took off. He made it out just as the lava flowed out of the cave and down the cliff. Jade looked back and saw the lava spilling into the forest below.
"I don't think Dylan made it." Jade said tears springing into the corners of her eyes.
"There is no way he could have." Hailey said as tears streamed down her face.
The girls rode in silence for a couple minutes as Celestial flew towards the ocean. Celestial broke the silence and spoke to the other dragons in a language that Jade nor Hailey understood. The girls glanced at Each other wide-eyed. Celestial continued to speak to the dragons and they replied in the same language.
"Hmmm." Jade thought. "I wonder if a spell will make me understand them."

This lava had caused me so much anguish, allow me to speak the dragon language.

Jade pointed her finger at herself and suddenly she knew exactly what Celestial was saying.
"We fly toward the ocean. Lorek will be there to take care of the girls. The boy is missing. We must protect the heir and her friends. It is our duty." Celestial said.
"Celstial, I can understand your dragon language now." Jade said.
"I'm impressed at your magical skills, you have learned fast." Celestial said.
"Thanks. Um, do you by any chance know where Dylan went?" Jade asked as she wiped away the tears.
"I'm sorry I do not." Celestial said. "Not to increase your sorrows your majesty but there is only a 1% chance that the boy would have escaped the lava and live. I'm very sorry."
"Oh." Jade said and she turned to look at Hailey who was sniffling behind her. Jade told her what Celestial had said.
"I'm really going to miss him." Hailey cried as she cradled her wrist.
"Me too." Jade said quietly.
"Your majesty could you translate for me please: Miss Hailey, when we reach the shore we must take a look at that wrist of yours." Celestial said.
"Hailey, Celestial says that when we reach the ocean that your wrist needs to be taken care of." Jade said. She then cast the language spell for Hailey so she could understand Celestial as well. By now Jade, Hailey, Celestial, and the other five dragons were halfway from the mountains to the ocean. Jade saw how it sparkled in the sunlight and it lifted her spirits. Jade wondered if Lorek would be able to locate Dylan and revive him with a spell. She alone was definitely not powerful enough yet to do it. Maybe, just maybe, Dylan was still alive somewhere and was in that 1% survival bracket. Jade had never really taken the time to really feel the rush from a ride on the back of a dragon. The first time she flew was when she was carried in the claws of the black dragon. She passed out and missed the ride. The second time she was escaping Darmoore and was busy worrying about being captured. Now she finally had the chance to enjoy herself. She took in a deep breath and let it out. She asked Celestial if he would 'give her a ride'. Hailey was too afraid so Celestial landed and Hailey climbed onto another dragon that had dark blue shimmery scales. Hailey's dragon led the other four dragons in the direction of the ocean. Jade and Celestial took off towards the sky. Celestial climbed the sky higher and higher above the clouds until Jade couldn't see the ground anymore. She lifted her arms out to either side and felt the rush of adrenaline. She felt the wind blowing in her hair and knew that this is why she lived. She lived to rule over the people and dragons of Dragoria. Celestial told her to hold on again, he stopped flying, arched in the air, and plummeted down through the clouds. Jade screamed both frightened and exhilarated. She snapped her eyes shut and gripped Celestial's scales tighter. She re-opened her eyes when Celestial leveled and saw the beautiful sunset that was setting. The sky was a mix of pinks, oranges, and deep blues. It was the most beautiful sunset she ever saw. She wished Lorek was here to share this moment with her. She shook that feeling off, thanked Celestial, and continued flying towards the ocean where hopefully Lorek would be waiting.