Chapter 8

Summary:

This chapter contains mentions of BLOOD AND ASSAULT and this is a WARNING for anyone who does not wish to read that content. I 10000% understand if you don't want to read it. I will place a chapter summary at the end of this chapter without explicit details on what happens if you do skip the chapter but want to continue reading the story.

SUMMARY: Something bad happens and it's up to Kirishima to help out in any way he's able, even if he's not sure the best way to go about it.

___________________________________________________

She was being pulled off the sidewalk into an area where one of the street lamps was out. One hand clawed desperately at the grip covering her mouth as her nails dug into the clammy skin, fingers specked with a thin veil of blood. She used the other hand to bring her purse down on what she hoped was her attacker's head behind her, aiming the metal clasp down. She heard grunts and an angry yelp as he was thrown off balance from her kicking legs. His hand loosened just enough where she opened her mouth and bit down on one of his fingers as hard as she could while screaming out. She heard a bone crack and felt hot blood fill her mouth.

The attacker let go after screaming from his broken finger. So far he hadn't said any intelligible words, only angry grunts and heavy breathing. As soon as he let go she tried to run, but her arm was grabbed by his unbroken hand. She turned around, hair whipping her face, a look of a terrifying rage ready to explode.

"I WILL NOT BE A VICTIM, FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!!!!" Her free hand came forward as she jammed her thumb into his eye socket, feeling the sticky eyeball move on the pad of her finger as he screamed. She kept pushing, his hand with the broken finger coming up to yank her arm away. She never stopped screaming. There was blood dripping down his face down her hand and forearm.

He finally let her go to grasp his bleeding eye socket. Once she was free she ran. She ran, and kept running and did not look back. Rocks hitting her bare feet felt like nothing as she kept running until she was at her apartment building. Her breathing was ragged but she didn't stop. She flung open the door and slammed it shut, causing several picture frames on the wall to fall to the floor. A scared meow was heard somewhere in the dark apartment. She locked the door, grabbing a chair and holding it under the doorknob for extra protection. Breathing ragged in half sobs it was like her body was still moving even though she was standing still. Her eyes couldn't focus. She still tasted blood that wasn't hers in her mouth. Dropping her purse on the ground, the clasp broken, the contents spilled out onto the floor. She didn't care. After what felt like hours, she sank to the ground and screamed into the crook of her elbow. Tears spilled down her face and onto the dirty carpet. She couldn't stop shaking. Without moving, she held her breath trying to slow her breathing and just listened. She listened for any noise, any sound at all, something to indicate if she was truly alone. Everything was still, like someone had stopped time.

"Fuck...fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck holy shit oh god ohmygod no no no.." Her legs felt like water but she managed to stand up. Stumbling to the bathroom, she turned on every light on the way there and checked each room to make sure she was truly alone. She almost threw up she she saw herself in the bathroom mirror.

Her face was covered in blood and dirt, makeup smeared from her eyes to her mouth. Hair clung to her sticky face. She could still see finger prints in the blood on her left cheek. Her fingernails were disgusting, several of them broken, skin and dirt and blood under all of them. Her right hand and forearm was crusty with saliva and drying blood. She had lost her shoes, feet sore from running on the bare pavement. Feeling bile bubble up in her throat, she threw herself onto the toilet as the threw up. It tasted awful and burned her throat, snot and dirty tears and blood mixing with the alcohol from the party that seemed like years ago.