Chapter 6

Summary:

Things between Kirishima and Ryuko start to move forward, but they might have different ideas on where things should end up and when. Bakugou becomes increasingly agitated and not even Kirishima can figure out why. Hopefully his foul attitude doesn't complicate things between his roommate and his new love interest.

Notes:

Note: I haven't brought this up but I figured I would now. I HC that Ochako becomes bolder and more flirty as she gets older and more confident in herself in comparison to the people around her. She might be a little OOC in this and the next chapter, but they're in their 20's at this point and some things are bound to change as you get older.

Chapter Text

The next few days were uneventful. Kirishima and Bakugou made coffee, Ryuko oversaw her team at the office. The thrill of new romance still lingered on Kirishima's cheeks as they continued to see each other in the mornings, text during the day, and call to say goodnight. It was two days until the office party.

"Mm, what are you guys wearing Friday? Part of me wants to use this as an excuse to wear one of the dusty fancy things in my closet...the other part wants to wear pajamas."

"You should wear something...that shows off your booty." Ochako turned away quickly as Ryu glared at her through a mouth full of food. "What?! If you got it..."

"The last thing I wanna do is push this too quickly...even if I feel like he has secret abs or something that he hides under that damn apron. Plus I haven't had sex with a dude in...mmhm I need brush up on some articles." The last words were barely audible, drowning them out with a gulp of water.

"Sorry, can't help you there." Tsu ate her own lunch as Ochako turned the opposite direction now, trying to keep down the blush on her face. She knew her crush was into women, she was just too much of a chicken to actually ask her out.

"I do have a nice butt though, all those squats I've been doing are starting to pay off."

"Just don't wear shoes that you'll bust that butt in when you fall down drunk." Tsu giggled to herself as Ryu attempted to reach over the table and strangle her.

Kirishima wiped his brow as he neared his apartment, taking a sip from his water bottle. Since graduating from college, his level of physical activity had dwindled, so he enjoyed a long jog when he got home from work most days and did what he could to keep in shape.

"Ooh, what are you making it smells so good?" Kirishima kicked off his tennis shoes as he closed and locked the door behind him. His roommate had started making dinner while he was out running, and whatever it was made his mouth water.

"Oi! What makes you think any of this is for you?" Bakugou called to his unseen roommate, focusing instead on cooking. It was something he was good at, and something he took pride in doing well, even if he did add too much spice or too many hot peppers on occasion.

"Aww come on I'm hungry and you know you're a way better cook than I am." Kirishima came up beside Bakugou to look at the spread of boiling pots and chopped vegetables. Bakugou tensed at the close contact, but he pushed it down. Like he always did.

"You still owe me a fucking towel." Kirishima groaned and slapped himself on the forehead.

"Shit, I totally forgot, sorry! Ok tomorrow, I swear I'll pick one up on my way home. I'm taking a shower, save me a plate please and thank you!" The red-head rounded the corner down the hall before Bakugou could say otherwise. The blonde let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

Kirishima grabbed a towel from the shared bathroom and wiped his face when his phone buzzed. He picked it up to see his crush had texted him, and attached an image. Curious, he unlocked his phone and looked at the picture. What he saw made his mouth go dry and extremely wet at the same time.