Chapter 5

Chapter summary: The first date is finally here! Casual conversation and fluff filled date adventure! Things seem to be going well so far between Kirishima and Ryuko, but can things always be as easy and carefree as they seem?

The next couple of days went by without incident. Kirishima and Ryuko continued to text casually, Ochako and Tsu were nosey while Bakugou was slightly annoyed at Kirishima's happier-than-normal demeanor. They decided on an early ramen dinner and movie that both had been wanting to see.

"Bakugouuuu, please help me." Kirishima was officially bugging him now, early Sunday afternoon, while he was trying to wind down playing a video game.

"You aren't a child you can dress your own damn self."

"Of course I can but you have a better sense of fashion than I do. Just tell me if I look dumb." With an agitated sigh the blonde paused his game to look over at his roommate. His mouth hung open in mild horror.

"Do not wear those fucking CROCS, they are the single worst thing you own. Everything else is fine." Kirishima looked down at his feet, bright red Crocs staring back at him.

"But they're so comfy..."

"You're going to dinner and a movie right? Cliche as fuck, but you wont exactly be walking around that much so why does it matter?"

"Mmm...yeah that's a good point. Ok fine but everything else is ok?"

"Oh my god yeah do not ask me again unless it's a literal fashion emergency." With that, Bakugou kicked his roommate out and slammed the door, locking it for good measure. Kirishima stared at the door for a few seconds before walking away. Bakugou had been in an extra sour mood the past couples of days, maybe he could bring back some extra spicy ramen or something to help cheer him up from whatever was making his attitude worse than usual.

Bakugou sat back down at his desk, putting on his headphones and unpausing the game he was playing. For some reason he was angrier than he was before Kirishima came in. He swallowed the feeling down like he always did, instead focusing on killing every enemy in the current level as violently as possible.

"So Ghost, how do I look? Cute as fuck, right? Yeah I know." Ryuko looked at herself in the mirror, debating whether or not it was too much for a first date. But it's about first impressions, right? So...why not make the impression something memorable? If he got scared off, well that was his problem. Her cat, sitting lazily on her unmade bed, meowed as if to agree.

They decided to meet at the train station that was a short walk away from the ramen stand. Kirishima got there first, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet feeling a flutter of nerves in his stomach. Texting had gone well, but now he had to hold proper conversation for the rest of the evening compared to a few sporadic morning talks. It wasn't long though before he spotted the signature burgundy hair, but the person attached to it looked quite different from the normal office attire that he was used to.

She wore a black high waist skirt that fell just above her knees, black patterned tights with intricate lace designs, ankle boots, and a flowy dark purple top. Various necklaces and rings accompanied her figure as well. She looked confident and strong and really fucking hot honestly, like some modern-day witch casting a very effective spell on him. Her outfit wasn't revealing at all, but it hugged her figure in a flattering way. Kirishima's throat went dry as he tried not to stare, still managing to raise a hand in greeting as she walked closer.

Ryuko walked off the rain and looked around for his signature red hair, spotting it off to her left. It was spiked up like normal, but he wore much more casual clothes this time. Nice slacks, an unbuttoned collared shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and a patterned shirt underneath. His clothes were bright, hers dark - an interesting contrast. When he turned around and saw her coming, the afternoon sun behind him seemed to set his eyes on fire in a genuinely heartfelt way, the silhouette of the sun creating a halo of gelled up spikes. It nearly made her falter in her steps as she moved forward, feeling nervous for the first time since she gave him her number.