Chapter Fourteen

After a long walk, or should I say a very long walk, the soldiers we rescued made it back to the camp. I was beside Steve, and Bucky, smiling as we entered the camp. Not only did we just invade a Hydra camp to rescue prisoners of war, but we managed to make it back by morning. The men cheered for us, as we walked further in the camp. Steve looked at me, and gave me a small smile. We walked further into the camp, and we met with Colonel Phillips. Steve and I saluted to the Colonel.

"Some of these men need medical attention. I'd like to surrender myself for disciplinary action," Steve informed him.

"As do I." I said proudly. 

"That won't be necessary," he told us. He gave us a small smile. 

"Yes, sir," We both said in unison. Colonel Phillips walked away, and I glanced over at Peggy as she walked toward us. "I told you I'd come back," I said with a smile. 

"You're late," she told us. I took out my transponder. 

"We couldn't call our ride," I said with a smirk. Peggy smiled.

"Hey! Let's hear it for Captain America and American Dream!" Bucky yelled. Everyone then began cheering and clapping, chanting 'Captain America' and 'American Dream'. It was strange to have someone chant my name the way they did, but I didn't mind it. It felt nice to be appreciated by everyone. 

* * * *

We arrived in England a few days ago. We were in an underground office, unknown to the city above us. I was beside Steve, as he labeled some of Hydra's facilities on a map. "They had one here in Poland, and the Baltic...and the sixth one was about..." Steve scanned the map. "Here. Thirty, forty miles west of the maginot line." I raised an eyebrow slightly. "I just got a quick look," he stated

"Well, nobody's perfect," I said as I started walking to another table. I stood beside Peggy, while Steve stood beside Colonel Phillips. We looked at a map, that had a few locations labeled. 

"These are the weapon factories we know about. Sergeant Barnes said that Hydra shipped all the parts to another facility, that isn't on this map," Steve said. Colonel Phillips started walking away. The three of us followed. 

"Agent Carter, co-ordinate with MI6. I want every allied eyeball looking for that main Hydra base,"Colonel Phillips demanded. 

"What about us?" Peggy asked him. 

"We are going to set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass."Colonel Phillips said as he was handed a file. "What do you say, Rogers and Lt. Thomson? It's your map. You think you can wipe Hydra off of it?"

"Yes, sir." I answered. 

"We'll need a team." Steve added. 

"We're already putting together the best men," Colonel Phillips assured us. 

"With all due respect, sir. So are we," Steve informed him. Colonel Phillips nodded his head, and him and Peggy left Steve and I. I looked at Steve, slightly confused. 

"Team? What team, I don't remember anything about a team," I whispered to him. He slightly smiled. 

"You'll find out, soon enough," he replied as he patted my shoulder. 

* * * *

I was sent to a bar, to get Steve. Howard wanted to speak to him and I about our suits, and he thought it would be best if we were there together. Since I was going out, I decided to dress up for the night. I wore a very beautiful, red dress that covered my knees, and complimented my form very well. 

As I walked through the bar, the eyes of a few men that we saved earlier, were on me. They had stopped singing, and watched as I walked past them. I came to a doorway, where I saw Steve and Bucky sitting at the bar. "Captain," I called to Steve.

"Lt. Thomson," he replied. I smiled slightly. I haven't heard him refer to me as Lt. Thomson in a long time. They stood up, and I walked toward Steve.

"Ma'am," Bucky greeted me. I gave him a slight nod and smile, and looked at Steve. 

"Howard has some equipment for us to try tonight," I informed him.

"Sounds good," he replied. I looked back at a group of men, and realized they were probably the team Steve was referring to, earlier.

"I see our team, is prepping for duty," I said with a small smile as I looked Steve in the eyes. 

"You don't like music?" Bucky asked me. 

"I do actually," I said, "I might even, when this is all over, go dancing". I replied, my eyes still on Steve. 

"Then what are you waiting for?" Bucky asked me. 

"The right partner," I said as I stared into Steve's eyes. He smiled slightly, and I couldn't help but do the same. "I'll see you in soon, then." I said before walking away. I felt my heart race slightly, and no matter what I did, I couldn't calm myself. I've never once felt this way towards another person, until I met Steve Rogers.