Chp. 18: Twisted Fate

Justin's POV

Waiting outside the emergency room seems like waiting for your turn to die next. Déjà vu at it's best. I like deja vu's but not this way! Hospitals freak me out and especially if the ones I love is at risk. I get up on my feet the minute the doctor comes out of the door.

"How's she?" My voice already cracking from the mixture of different emotions.

"I'm afraid she's in a critical condition," I close my eyes and sigh before reopening them again slowly. "The bullet hit her back hard and it went right through her left lung, almost close to the heart. She'll have to go through serious operations and-"

"Just do everything you can!" I tell him and he nods reassuringly before excusing himself out of my sight. I take all my frustration on a blank wall, hitting it hard with all my strength. A few moments later, mom and Joan comes rushing to me. They immediately hug me but I don't hug them back at all. "This is all my fault."

"Ssh. Justin, it's no one's—"

"Why do you keep on telling it's no one fault when it fact, it's obviously mine! If I didn't let her be friends with that damn Jamie, if I just answered her text message the other night, if I didn't hug her, if I did not become her boy—"

"Justin, shut your mouth. If I tell you it's nobody's fault, it's nobody's! Now calm down, take a deep breath and tell us what did the doctor tell you?" Mom tries to keep me steady on my feet as she becomes my leaning shoulder.

"He.. he said that she's in a critical condition due to the shot in her left lung.." I whisper to them. I receive gasps—obviously—from both mom and Joan before they weep. Now it's my turn to hug and calm them down. "Ssh."

"Okay. Uh huh. Yeah? Okay, hold on." Mom puts a gap between her ears and the phone before turning to me. "Scooter said you have a concert tonight. I said that you're not in a good condition and he totally understands and—"

"No, mom. I'll do the show." I snap at her and hop on my feet.

"But.." I stare at her trying to convince her that I can do this. Maybe a little concert will help me get my mind off of this horrible situation. "Okay, I'll tell him." I nod before she connects the phone onto her ear again. The conversation soon ended and mom turned to me again. "He's picking you up." I nod while sitting back again.

~~~~~~

"So you guys aware of my lovely girlfriend?" I ask the eye-dropping crowd before they give me an ear-splitting noise that seems screams. "Do you guys know  her?"

"YES!" They chorused all together with forceful voices.

"What's her name?"

"APRIL JOY WILSON SMITH!" They shout back at me with cheerful faces painted on their faces. What the, I didn't know she had a Wilson in her name? My beliebers are amazing! They know more about her more than me. Wow, that's kinda embarrassing.

"Okay, now Wilson, I didn't know. Wow, you guys are amazing." I receive a couple of laughters and a huge amount of screams. "Okay, if you really are amazing, do you know what happened to her?"

The screams faint down and silence grows throughout the arena. People ask one another if they are aware of the current happening to AJ. I hold my mic out again to at least inform them. I guess, they deserve to know, don't they? But I'm pretty sure the paparazzi was aware of what happened to her, aren't they? They should be, especially this is a big problem for me. Considering even when I spilled ice cream all over my shirt, they printed the picture out in every single magazine and they made this exaggerated article about how I walked out of my car, on the pavement, towards the ice scream shop, and every single breath I inhale and exhale. They are scary creatures, my only privacy is when I go pee or take shit. Or.. Are they aware of that, too?