Chp. 3: I'll Be Your Crying Shoulder

Justin's POV 

"Which one do you want to hear first?" His words scare me.

"Uhm.. Bad news?" I say, quite unsure.

"Okay then. The bad news is I'm a Justin Bieber fan and I badly need your autograph. The good news is we managed to take the bullet off her back." The doctor smiles and requests for an autograph.

I stifle a chuckle and sign a piece of paper that the doctor handed me. "Oh, thank you. How's she?"

"She's recovering now. But she needs a lot of rest." 

"Can I go see her?" 

"Yes. I have to go. Thanks for the autograph." The doctor trailed off. 

I scamper inside to see her. She's still unconscious but looks better. I approach her before holding her hand.

"Please get well baby. We'll be praying for you. I love you." I say as I my lips touch her hand. She looks like a beautiful angel while she's sleeping.

"Justin, it's been a long night. You need to take some rest." My mom startles me. I didn't know she had followed me.

"But I wanna be here when she wakes up. I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here." I snap at her stubbornly.

"Alright. I'll go back to the hotel and get you some clothes to put on. Kenny, watch Justin okay?"

"Sure thing momma."

Mom nods and goes out after his response. I look back at my sleeping angel. I couldn't help but to think about what happened a few hours ago. Out of nowhere, a tear streams down my face.

"Don't worry everything will be alright." Kenny startles me.

"You don't know how much this hurts me more than her. She risked her own life just to save me. Ugh." I grown while shoving my face in my hands.

"Don't worry man. God will save her."

With those words, I practically weeped so hard I fell asleep. About an hour later, I wake up but I don't bother moving or opening my eyes. I'm all beat up. A creak of the door is heard by my ears and I pretend to sleep to do some evesdropping.

"That poor girl." I recon Mom's voice.

"I know. Justin is really depressed." Kenny's still awake? He must've watched me bawled.

"Let's give Justin a break. Let's rest as well."

Without hesitation, I fall into a deep sleep.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ 

April's POV 

I slowly peel my eyes open as I lie on the hospital bed and see the room white.. Ugh. What happened? Am I in heaven? My back hurts. I bow my head and notice Justin's head resting on my hospital bed. Justin? What's he doing here? What am I doing here?

Then it hit me. I realize what happened last night. Guess I've been shot. I reach out my hand and stroke his hair. A smile creeps up on my face before his eyes then pop wide open.

"Oh My God." Justin's face expressionless. I motion my hand for a cup of water since my mouth is very dry. A few seconds later, he hands me a cup of water. I gulp it fast and put it on the table beside me. Ah it felt good. Just as I was about to speak, I'm surprised that Justin's arms were wrapped around me.

"Thank you so much for everything. I love you. Thank you, thank you." He stifles a snort while pulling back. I wipe his tears with my thumb.

"Aww.. Well, it's better for me to die rather than a 17 year old international superstar who became everyone's inspiration and hero." I flash him the sweetest smile I could give him.