Chapter 19

Welcome back everyone!

I just wanted to say that you are all AMAZING for sticking around through the past 19 chapters now! That means a whole lot to me everyone!

This chapter I woul like to dedicate to @angeleyesrn. Your comment in the last chapter was so close, but I didn't want to say anything then. Now however I will. :) Don't be afraid to check out her work!

Anyways, I hope that you all enjoy the next chapter!

1Blossom

~~~

Chapter 19

~Josiph~

Two weeks had passed since Kiana's first meeting with Hunter, and though she promised things were going well I never actually seen any progress. I know she has been working with him, but since I was being kept in the dark I knew nothing. I've tried asking Lucas about how things were going since he has gone to a few meetings with Kiana, but he gave nothing away, and Steve always seemed to avoid the question. I've even gone as far as asking Hunter how things were going, but he refused to say anything about the matter saying that it was top secret, and that he was under oath. I wanted to know so badly what was going on, and logically I could have forced it out of any one of them, just like most Alpha’s could do, but in doing so I would risk losing so many people I cared about. Lucas, being one of those people. I didn’t want to lose him anytime soon, so instead I decided to keep quiet.

In other news since our first kiss over two weeks ago, Lucas had officially moved into the Alpha house and into my room. My parents moved out telling me they wanted to give us some space—which was their way of saying they were giving us permission to officially mate. Kiana and Steve also moved back into the blue house after the repairs had been made. Their excuse was also to give us space, but their true reason was from the questions they’d always seemed to ask.

“Have you mated yet?" Kiana would ask every chance she got. We always gave the same reply, which would bring on another set of questions of why we haven't mated. Steve would also ask the questions. He would bring it up in some random topics that somehow lead to if Lucas and I’d mated or not. The answer was always the same for him too. Truth to be told, we didn't want to go through the paperwork and send out letters to the surrounding packs about the new addition into the family. It was a custom we had in the packs, and at the moment Lucas and I agreed not to worry about that. We would do so at a later time, and when things were not so hectic.

Finally, there’s the patrolling around our territory. Since no one officially knows when Lucian will declare a fight, members have been asked to stay in groups of five while on patrol. There’s also recommendations that members stay in groups of four during all periods of the day, this includes mostly Kiana, but everyone has been staying in groups. It’s one of the best defenses we have until the alpha fight was claimed and finished, and we were hoping that everything would go accordingly to plan.

“Kiana believes that Hunter is ready to take his first transformation,” Lucas was saying just minutes after entering the house from his night patrol. He was hanging up his jacket and taking his shoes off as he went on, “She wants to set a date to go into the woods with Hunter and a few of the pack members.”

I nodded, listening. “Do you think that he’s ready? I mean she doesn't need to rush with everything that’s going on.”

“I have faith in my sister that she has done a good job with Hunter,” Lucas said, smiling. “I do believe that he’s ready, but we don’t want to put too much pressure on the boy, which means only a few members can be there.”

Again I nodded in understanding. “Does Kiana know why his wolf refused to reveal himself for so long?”

“Sadly not,” Lucas said sadly, which a shake of his head. “Finding out the source of that problem will take a bit longer, and even then we can't be too sure if the information is true or not.” Hearing his footsteps, and the creak of the bed, I knew he was sitting there now. “There could be many reasons as to why Hunter was not able to transform with the rest in his age group. However, the only one that Kiana and I have ever heard of in our own pack was a human mating with a werewolf.”

“Are you saying that Hunter is not Zach's child?” I shouted sharply, facing him.

Lucas flinched but other than that he seemed to not care. “No, I’m not saying that,” he replied strongly looking up at me. “Hunter looks too much like Zach, as Kiana pointed out during the first meeting. She wanted to rule out all possibilities as to why Hunter was not transforming, and that was the main one.”

“Which means?”

“Which means there’s only one possibility left.” I waited for him to go on, as I continued to stare at him, motioning with my hands to spit it out already. “Stress,” he blurted out after a few breaths of silence. “Since Hunter failed his first attempt at transforming it seems that his family has put him through a lot of stress. They've almost given up on him, and put him to the back of their minds forcing him on every doctor possible and when those failed they pushed him onto another. This happens in a very few cases though, and if it’s not fixed quickly the child will never transform.”

“So, around the age of eighteen when most of the newly transformed wolves find their mates,” I concluded from his explanation. “When does Kiana want to test out if Hunter is capable in transforming?”

“She would like to do that tomorrow evening. Only seven from the pack will be allowed to go officially, and during the next full moon phase, Hunter will transform with the others like he did last month, only this time he won't be left behind during the run.”

I nodded, grinning. “I would figure. Where are we all meeting?”

“Kiana picked that we would meet here, tomorrow. We’ll head into the woods behind the Alpha house after everyone arrives.”

“Okay.”

~~~~

Hope you have all enjoyed the chapter.

Tell me what you think in the comments below!

1Blossom