Chapter 17

Welcome back everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the last chapter, and I hope that you all enjoy this chapter.

Don't forget to leave a comment and vote!

This chapter I would like to dedicate to @DaniellaPerez8. Thank you so much for sticking around and reading the book and leaving your feedback. That means a lot ot me. Please everyone do not be afraid to check out her work!

P.S. I am trying to get everyone if possible in this book, but if I have not tagged you, please do not be afraid to send me a message. I would like to be able to tag everyone who has stuck with me through this book. It means a lot considering this is my first BxB book. :)

1Blossom

~~~

Chapter 17

~Lucas~

“What sick games is he playing!?” I screamed in frustration. We were standing in the middle of the Alpha’s house living room since Josiph had insisted we moved in with his family and Derek until they were able to repair the damage done to the porch, but even then the words would forever reply in my head.

Kiana, Derek and Steve had left Josiph and I downstairs while they unpacked their baggage in the spare bedrooms. I would be sharing a room with Josiph, thanks to Derek's insistence. It wasn't something I was looking forward to. Being in the same room with Josiph would be a good thing, but things would be a bit awkward for the two of us.

“He’s claiming what he wants.” I could hear Josiph speaking softly from the couch only a few feet away from me, and even with his calming voice my anger still flared slightly. “In this case that would be Kiana.”

“Well she will never be his even if it's the last thing I do!” I yelled turning my fury directly toward him.

Josiph said nothing for a couple of seconds, and my anger only flared more. “She won’t be his, Lucian and you have to realize that,” he said trying to calm me down. “Lucian only wants a reaction from whoever he could get. You are giving him the reaction he is looking for.”

“But he’s laying claim on my sister!”

Standing up from the couch’s armrest Josiph walked over toward me before speaking, “And he will keep trying to lay claim on her until he’s stopped. You can't keep feeding him with your anger because that will only make him feel more powerful against you.”

“What would you do if he was laying claim on someone in your family? What if he kept trying to get to them?” I then asked turning the tables on him to see what sort of reaction he would give.

“I would kick him to the curb.” Josiph laughed before getting serious again and going on, “but that’s not what I'm trying to say. Lucian will keep laying a claim on Kiana because he knows how much it bothers you. He knows that if he can anger you enough you will fight back, and when push comes to shove you will lose because you won’t be thinking correctly.”

“Then what am I supposed to do?”

“You wait, just as we wait,” he instructed putting his hand up just as I was about say something, cutting me off. “He will realize that you’re ignoring his actions and in return will try something else. Lucian will probably claim an Alpha fight. If luck is on our side, he won't bother you or your sister again.”

“And if luck isn’t on our side?”

Josiph didn't speak for a few minutes, but when he finally did his words showed no feeling. “Then I would advise you to run,” he said blandly. “Just don't run too soon if it comes to that, and promise me to take everyone you can. Take my parents, Derek, and as many pack members as you can when you do leave.” He stopped to look directly into my eyes. “Treat them as you would your own family. Protect them with your life. Love them with your heart, and never leave them behind.”

“I can't keep that promise, Josiph,” I answered truthfully. If things started to turn south and if it looked like Josiph would lose the battle I would find a way to protect him and the rest of the pack. I wouldn’t be able to leave him behind even if it’s for some promise.

“Then think of it as an order.”

“Even if it’s an order, I still can't keep it.” I could see that he was about to say something to counter that so I held a hand up. “Before you start screaming at me about it, let me explain.” I stopped waiting for an answer and when he lowered his head, I went on. “It won’t come to the point where I’ll have to run away with my family along with everyone else in the pack. It will end here, and now. This battle with Lucian should have ended years ago, but now the battle will end here.”

He nodded. “You do know you can't actually get involved when it comes down to an alpha battle, right?” Josiph asked even though he didn’t stop to give me enough time to reply back. “It has been in the rules of all packs for generations, and it will be there for more generations to come. Any member who gets involved in the fight will be killed instantly, no exceptions.”

“I know this, but I never did say I would get involved in the battle,” I said, looking away from him while silently adding, “at least not physically involved if it comes to that.” When I looked back, he looked pretty confused. I didn’t wait for him to start questioning me before I started speaking again. “There’s one thing I would like to do. I mean if things do go sour in this battle that is, if it’s alright with you?” I took a step towards him, as I spoke closing the distance between us.

“That depends on what it is,” Josiph replied. I could feel his warm breath running down my skin as he spoke leaving goose bumps in every spot.

“Well…” I stopped, debating if it was the right time or if things would go horribly wrong afterwards. I mean we still barely knew each other, and yet I had a feeling that I should do this. Even if it was just this one time. “I mean, as much faith I have in you, I just want to make sure you’ll try your best in your battle with Lucian.”

He frowned. “What makes you think I won't try my best?”

“Well if you have something to live for, I was thinking—” I stopped looking at his eyes, full of wonder, “that you will have a reason to stay.”

“And what would that be?” He smiled, and I had an odd feeling he knew what I was trying to get at without actually saying the words out loud.

“That would be me.” I grinned, before closing the space between us, my lips moving closer and closer towards his before finally fully touching his. There, I waited only seconds before he made the first actual move, and kissed me back. There, we stood with our hearts beating as one, and our breath mingling into a gentle kiss.

~~~

Holy crud! They have finally kissed after 17 chapters!

Leave a comment on what you think!

Hope you all have enjoyed!

1Blossom