Chapter 14

Welcome back everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed the last chapter and that you checked out @AllyanaM. I promise she is a great writer.

Anyways, for this week I will be dedicating to @ReadingAshley. She was another member of the FIREWORKS first competition. Ashley did a great job through the competition, and though it had to be closed due to personal reasons I still felt that she deserved credit for her hard work. Please go check out her work! She is great!

1Blossom

~~~

Chapter 14

~Lucas~

I knew who I would find behind me long before I had even closed the door on Josiph's curious gaze.

“Kiana,” I said eventually turning around slowly to look at my sister taking deep breaths in the process to calm down, but even that didn't have me ready for what I’d seen next. As feared Kiana was standing in the middle of the room in her wolf form walking around as if nothing was wrong. The problem was, there was something wrong. Kiana’s wolf wasn’t longer the red-brown wolf Josiph had seen, instead it was a bright white color which seemed to glow as she passed the windows. The very wolf that I know Josiph had seen when he looked through the door.

At the sound of her voice Kiana turned to stare at me. Her wolf sized head tilted to the side in confusion as she tried to figure out why I had called her name. Her eyes glowed a misty white in the moonlight and her fur seemed to just get brighter as she walked around the room.

In the next room over I could see Steve sitting on the couch in the living room. His head was turned in our direction where only minutes before had been facing the TV, but now he had his full attention on the conversation that would likely take place right before him.

“Do you not listen?” I started in frustration. I didn't even give her time to say anything as I went on, “I asked you to please stay in the living room away from prying eyes while in your wolf phase.” My voice rose gradually as my anger grew, and each word seemed a bit forced as I tried to keep the calmness I was trying to hold in. “Josiph was at the door, and I know he’d seen you before I had the chance to block him.” I started to pace around the room as the words started spilling out with my hand running through my hair. “He knows now that we had been keeping something from him because of this. He won't let it go until he knows the truth. From what I had seen when I closed the door on his face that much was sure.”

Kiana kept staring, her eyes seeming to glow with understanding before she turned back to her human form. “Sorry, but you know that I can't be cooped up in this house during the night of the full moon. I need to be able to run during the phase. It doesn’t do well to my wolf if it’s being locked up here.” She looked at me. “You of all people should know that the moon calls to me during this phase. I can't just ignore it.” She paused, walking closer towards me. “Besides, I’m one of the few left of our kind, Lucas. There’s no history of the Moon Goddess species because everyone believes they’re extinct.”

“There’s no history of the Moon Goddess because that’s what the elders wanted in the end after the major war that almost wiped the species out,” I said, running a hand through my hair. “Alphas of many packs just went on a killing spree killing them all in fear of losing their own pack. The few that did survive, like our grandmother, went into hiding for years.”

“And now the alphas don’t fear us anymore,” Kiana said in a whisper.

“The only reason that they don’t fear you anymore is because they want to force a mating with a Moon Goddess so they’ll have strong alpha children for their pack. They also just want a perfect medic, and could care less about who you are as a person,” I answered, my anger flaring more as I spoke. “That isn't how you live Kiana, and you know it. Mom didn't even want to live like that, that’s why she went into hiding for so long until her mate actually showed up. Gratefully her one true mate actually cared about who she was, and was also an alpha from the start.”

“No one wants to live a forced mating, Lucas,” she spoke softly even though her voice rang with her words. “But that’s not what I was trying to say either.”

“Then what are you trying to say?”

Kiana sighed, her shoulders moving with the deep breath she took. “Not many people know that a Moon Goddess exists. Josiph is probably on that list of people who don’t know. Actually, the whole pack probably doesn't know the existence of a Moon Goddess, and none of them will until you decide to tell Josiph and he tells the pack.”

“Yes, well I won’t be telling him until I know that we can trust him,” I finally added after many minutes of silence. “He might be my mate, but that doesn't mean he won’t try something on you.”

“We won't know if anyone will try anything, Lucas,” Steve spoke for the first time walking up beside Kiana. I hadn't even noticed he had moved from his seat in the living room. “Look at Lucian for example. Your father and the whole pack would have never guessed that he would have tried something like that. You have to learn to trust people, even your mate otherwise he might not trust you, himself.”

“Right now, the less he know, the safer we’ll be.”

“Well, you better make it quick and tell him, Lucas,” Kiana stated her arms crossed over her chest. “I can't, and won't stay locked up in this house during every full moon because you are too afraid someone will notice who, and what I am,” she said, her eyes glaring daggers at me with each word. “Even you can't stay locked up in this house all the time. I know the moon calls to you just as much as it calls to me.”

“Yes, but I’m able to control it more.”

Kiana laughed. “You won't be able to control it forever, Lucas. Not if you plan to mate with Josiph,” she said calmly and confidently, her voice ringing around the room as she spoke. “You better tell him, or I will,” and with that she turned and left the room.

“She has a point there, Lucas,” Steve told me, agreeing with her. “If you plan on being mates with the man, you sure as hell better tell him,” he asserted, before he blinked. “Well, I mean before you two fully mate with one another, that is.”

~~~

It's not the longest chapter I have written, but I hope you all enjoy either or way. Don't forget to leave a comment.

A couple of things you might like to know MOON GODDESS will also be a book in the series.

1Blossom