Chapter 9

Welcome back everyone to another chapter of Alpha Male.  I know this chapter is rather short, but still I hope you all enjoy!

Gabriella_Marie - For this week I am tagging Gabriella. For one she has been here since the beginning of the novel, and I enjoy her company. Also Gabriella I hope your mom is doing well! And check out her novel too. She too is writing a werewolf novel! Though i think she has it on hold, still Check it out!

1Blossom

~~~

Chapter 9

~Josiph~

The four of us walked up the path to the front door of the school. Kiana followed directly behind me eager to enter, while both Lucas and Steve just stayed back. I didn't really understand why Kiana was so eager to go into a school, but something set her off.

“Is she alright?” I asked looking at Steve and Lucas before nodding my head towards Kiana who looked like she’s about ready to explode with joy. She was like a seven year old child getting a birthday present.

Lucas laughed. “Yeah she’s alright. When we were little we were never allowed near a school. Let alone attend one.”

“Why not?” I asked, arching a brow.

“Our parent’s rules. We were home schooled most of our lives. That’s of course until puberty hit. From then on we were treated like adults, and the alphas of our pack. That is until my father lost the pack,” Lucas replied. Steve though kept quiet beside him, and I was guessing he had probably been in school growing up, even if it was a human school.

“Have you been to school Steve?” I asked questioning my own guesses. I wanted to know as much as I could about the new, soon to be pack members.

Just as I suspected Steve nodded. “Yeah, I went to the mortal school in town, but when I had my first transformation, I had to drop out. I was only eleven, and was the youngest in our pack to turn werewolf. Except for Kiana and Lucas of course,” he said, but once he said the words Lucas elbowed him in the gut. Steve's eyes widened as he realized what he had said.

I looked at both Kiana and Lucas, confused. No one in history had turned werewolf before the age of twelve. Like Steve there were rare cases where a child would first transform at the age of eleven, but those were really rare. “When did you two turn werewolf exactly?”

Lucas and Kiana glared at Steve while he looked like he was trying to shrink away—like he was trying to sneak out of his own skin. With a sigh Lucas answered. “I first turned into a werewolf when I was nine years old. Kiana followed two years later, she too, was only nine.”

“But that’s way before puberty even hits,” I said clearly in shock.

“I know, but it has ran in our family for years. No one knows why,” Lucas said, though I could see the twinkle in his eyes that said otherwise.

I didn't want to pry into his family’s history so I just nodded. “Okay. Anyways, let’s continue our journey,” I finished before opening the front door of the school and walking in with the rest of them.

Our first stop was toward our youngest group of children. We had to follow the right side of the wall all the way to the very end where there was just one classroom for our four to six year olds. “Our four to six years old children,” I said pointing to the door on my left.

Kiana was the first to walk up to the door and peer in. She had a big smile on her face when she’d seen the young children in the room either playing with the number block toys or trying to write on paper. We tried switching out the days so that the three and four year olds would be learning to write one day, while five and six year olds played. The following day it would be the five year old children learning to write, while the other three age groups played, and so on with the six year olds. Twice a week the groups would work as a group. We allowed the children to pick those days so they felt like they had a say in what days they would learn. “Can we go in?” Kiana asked looking at me hopefully.