Chapter 8

Welcome back! This is the second part of chapter 7. I know I cut that chapter a bit short and I am completely sorry, still I hope you enjoy this chapter as well!

Thank you for reading!

Dedicated to SukuraOwen - just because I can. :) Awesome person. I Really HOPE that I am doing all this correct Sukura. :) Also please go check out Sukura's work!

1Blossom

~~~

Chapter 8

~Josiph~

The next morning at about eight a.m. Lucas came by to drop the truck off. Looking out the window I had found Lucas standing at the bottom of the steps looking up at the house. “Good morning.”

“Morning,” Lucas said quickly looking directly at me. “I brought back your truck,” he added. I could see his eyes move scoping me out before he adverted his eyes back up at the house. A faint blush rose against his cheeks when he looked away.

“I see that.” I chuckled, with a nod toward the truck that stood on the side of the road. I tried to hold back a smile, but it was kind of hard to do when I knew what he had been doing.

Lucas turned toward the truck. “Yeah, I forgot I’d parked it right in front of your house,” he went on turning back to me with his hand extended out. He smiled a little but tried to cover it when he extended his hand out. I could faintly see the silver of the keys in his hands. “Here are the keys. I’ll just be on my way. We’re in the process of unpacking all of our clothes.”

“Throw 'em,” I called back, and Lucas threw the keys toward me. I caught them gently in my hand with no more than a little twinkle, as the keys rubbed against one another. “How long are you going to take to unpack?” I asked crossing my arms.

“Not too long. Kiana and Steve are already working on unpacking their clothes.”

“Okay. Well, how about we say an hour then?” I suggested. “Derek and I will meet you at your place then, and we’ll show you around the community.”

“Sounds good. I will let Kiana and Steve know when I get back to the house,” he said simply. “See you then.” He waved goodbye, before turning around and walking down the path again. Most Alphas would throw a fit when another member turned their backs on them, but I wasn’t like most Alphas, and instead just let him walk away.

When Lucas was fully out of sight I walked back into the house to find Derek standing in the foyer with his arms crossed. “What?” I asked standing in front of him.

“What the heck was that all about?” he asked. Even though I wasn’t sure what he was talking about, I went along with it.

“A conversation. He dropped off the truck. I told him that we would meet him at his house in an hour to show him around the community. Then he left.”

“And then you let him turn his back on you. I was seriously expecting you to throw a fit for that. Put him in his place. Anything!” Derek said with a laugh. “I mean that’s what you did to me a few years back, but with him…”

I glared and interrupted him before he could say anything else. “There’s no difference between him and you. You are beta, and at the time when I yelled at you it was because you decided to disobey an order in front of the whole pack. I couldn't just stand there and do nothing.”

Derek just rolled his eyes at that. “That's the thing, Josiph. There’s a difference between Lucas and me. He’s your mate.”

“I don't have a mate, Derek.”