Chapter 16

From my last A/N I mentioned joining into a competition to possibly get this book published. It will be a lot of work for this to happen, and I will need to post at least two chapters a week to finish the book before August 16th.

After that you, my amazing fans and readers will be the soul way for me to survive into this competition.

Wish me luck everyone!

And either or way if I win or don't win, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!

This chapter I will also be dedicating to @GraceAnn7. Grace was the last member in our competition and had been awarded a tie for third place. Grace tied for third place with another member in the first competition and kept trying her hardest. We were glad to have her in the competition. She is a great competitor, and we hope to have her again. Please go check out her work! :D

1Blossom

~~~

Chapter 16

~Josiph~

“Do you think he will attack us soon?” Derek asked. I could see him still staring off in the direction of the forest. His nose crinkled up in disgust with growls still reverberating deep in his throat.

“If the signs are anything to go by he will attack before the next full moon,” I answered taking a deep breath and looking back in the direction of the forest before I went on, “he’s already trying to claim the pack as his own, and will end up claiming a fight with me to gain the pack’s loyalty.”

“What are we going to do until then?” he then asked. I could feel him staring at me waiting for an answer.

“After this full moon is over I will need to talk to Lucas and Kiana about Lucian. We will need to know everything about him. His weaknesses, his strengths, and even how his wolf moves.” I stopped looking back over to the blue house where Lucas, Kiana, and Steve were living before going on, “It will be our only chance if we want to make it out of this alive.”

“Do you think they will tell you?”

I smiled sadly walking away from the house and forest. “If Lucas's love for Kiana is anything to go by, he will.”

“What about you?” Derek asked walking beside me.

I looked directly at him as we walked further and further down the street. I knew what he was asking and yet I couldn't answer the way he wanted me to. “My family is my pack, and I need to protect them first, if nothing more.”

“And Lucas?”

I attempted a laugh but it came out more like a grunt than anything else. “Lucas is here to protect his family.”

Derek nodded contemplating on what to say before actually speaking. “Yes, he’s here to protect his family, but have you forgotten you are his family now as well.”

“Not the same kind of family,” I whispered, stopping just at the outskirts of where the Full Moon festivities were taking place. Many in the family had already gone home including Trish and Hank, but those who remained sat around a bonfire laughing with family and friends.

“You're right. You’re more than just family to him,” Derek said. “I can see it in his eyes when he looks at you, and even when he talks to you. I can see it in the way he smiles, and the way he breathes. He might not show it in his actions, but he shows it in every other way he can,” he finished before walking away completely and going back to the party.