Chapter 5

Welcome back everyone!

Thank you all for still dealing with me, and hope you all enjoy the next chapter.

Don't forget to leave a comment!

1Blossom

~~~

Chapter 5

~Lucas~

Derek brought us to a beautiful house not too far from where we had entered from. In the front, old stone brick steps led up to a sky blue porch with bright white columns on either side of it. The rest of the house was also in the same gorgeous blue shade. There was also a balcony on the second floor, which was probably connected to the master bedroom. I already knew I was going to fight with Kiana to get that room.

On the other side of the front porch, I could clearly see the woods. On the top corner of the house, smoke filled the night air, escaping from a chimney that was made out of brown bricks—the same color as the roof we’ll be staying under for the next few days.

“It isn’t much, but it’s still a pretty good place,” Derek said to Kiana, who was smiling at him.

“No.” She shook her head. “It’s great actually. Way better than where we’d been staying lately,” she said, and I couldn’t agree with her more. “Could you show us around though?”

“I was already planning on it. Besides.” He grinned, pausing, “after we’re done here, we’ll head back to the alpha’s house to grab some dinner. Josiph’s mom is an amazing cook, and I’m sure you’ll love it no matter what she makes.”

“I’m sure we will! It would be so nice to have a home cooked meal instead of fast food for once!”

“Like you even complained, Kiana.” Steve rolled his eyes, coming up behind her. He wrapped his arm protectively around her. It was rather amusing watching him, acting this way. But it was even more amusing to watch Kiana give Steve a glare right afterwards, shaking him off. 

Looking at Derek you could tell he wasn’t happy how the situation ended up either. “You don’t have to worry Derek. They had been like this since they were little.”

He smiled at that before turning around and heading up the stone stairs. “Well, let’s get started, shall we? And just for your information, you’ll probably won’t be using all the rooms in this house.”

“Why so?”

“This house has four bedrooms, and four bathrooms. There’s a kitchen, with a pretty decent size dining and living room. We also have a room for an office just in case someone needs it, and the basement which used to be a game room. But right now it’s just a storage place.” He looked up house before he continued speaking, “This house is actually for guests or for families who are just starting out just before they get a house of their own. But no worries, when the couples move out they take everything, and we just replace it. It’s mostly like a welcoming gift for the new family, but not many actually used this house.”

“When was the last time this house was used?” Steve probed, walking up the steps, following Derek, with Kiana still in his arms.

“About two years ago, actually,” Derek said quickly. “We had just a new member join the pack and his mate didn’t have a house of their own yet. She was still living with her own family but once they bonded about six months after meeting they decided to find their own place. First, they stayed here just to see how things would go before they actually find a place on their own, and of course, to wait until their new house can be built. Anyways, two months later they were able to move out of here and into their new place the whole pack helped built.”