Chapter 5

Gerard's P.O.V

When I asked Frank to move in with me, it seemed like he was a bit off. "Frankie, what's wrong? Don't you want to move in with me?" He looked down. "Gerard, You know that I would love to move in with you, but I don't know how both of our mothers would react to this." He said while looking down. I played with his hair. "Everything will be okay Frankie. I promise. I'll take care of this. Don't worry your pretty little head." He looked up at me and gave me a small peck on the cheek. I felt a small blush coming upon my face but I turned my head and directed him to my car once more. We soon arrived on his drive way. He clutched my hand. He was trembling with fright. "Shh.. Frankie. It's nothing to be scared about." I said, trying to do the best I can to comfort him. "I'm going in too Gerard. This is my mother and I'll deal with her." He said while getting out my car. He opened the door to his house. "Mom" He called out. Soon enough, A skinny woman with dark brown hair came up to us. She looked almost exactly like Frank. "Where have you been Frank Anthony Iero?!" She screamed at him. I watched how his mother recoiled back and slapped her son in the face. I grabbed her arms. "Ma'am. Please don't hit your son." I said while gritting my teeth. "And who are you?" I gave her a slight smile. "I'm Gerard Way and I'll be taking your son for a little while. You obviously beat your kid and thats horrible fucking parenting. So, I'll be taking him. Seems fair enough right?" I spat at her while I found Franks room. "Go ahead and take him. He was a failed abortion." I looked at her. "Excuse me? Look at him Mrs. Iero. Look at how much he's grown. Do you expect me to agree with you, you motherfucker? We're getting his shit and going to my house." I spat at her. I was absolutley furious. Who the fuck does she think think she is? Frank and I grabbed his clothes, and hygienic needs. While we were walking out of his house, I saw Frank tearing up. "Frank. Everything will be okay. You're here with me now. You'll never have to see her again." I said while putting his clothes in the car. After we've put all of his belongings in my car, We drove home.

The ride home was strange. Watching Frank suffer like this wasn't easy. I just wanted to punch his mother right in the fucking mouth. Once we arrived home, we gathered all of Frank's things and moved them into my room. Mikey looked in my room. "What's happening?" I gave him a small smile. "Frank has decided to live with us since his life at home wasn't safe." I said, trying to give as little details as I possibly can. "I wish we could do that." I patted Mikey's head, "Once I get some sort of job I promise you, I'll get you out of here." But the more I thought about it, the more problems arose. Not only was I financially not ready, but how will my mother take it?

That night, I decided to take Frank out for a walk. "Mikey, We'll be back in a few minutes. Lock the doors." I reminded him. Once we were outside, I waited until I heard the clicks of the locks in place. "Come on Frank, I want to show you something." I said while intertwining my hands with his. We drove down various streets to get where I wanted to go. "Where are we going Gee?" He said nudging my arm with his. "Here we are." I said, getting out of my car and opening up the gates. "Belleville's Cemetery" Frank said, seeming to know this place too well. "Yeah, I want you to meet someone very special to me." I said while guiding him to my favorite place. I showed him a lovely tombstone, flowers placed at the base. "Frank, meet Grandma Elena." I said while sitting down next to her tombstone. Frank did the same. "H-hello Mrs. Elena." He said while slightly waving at the lifeless rock. "I told her all about you when I first met you. I come here very often to check up on my grandma." I explained. "Oh! I almost forgot-" I said while running to the car. "I thought you might get hungry here so I brought us a picnic." I said while fanning out the blanket.

Once I set up the picnic supplies, I talked to him about my grandmother. "Yeah she was so generous. One time, I had this shitty Peter Pan play. So, she went out of her way to make the costume man. You should have met her. She would have liked you." I said, sighing. "You know Gee, You seemed like a really cool kid. Your family sounds great." He said while getting a beer from the ice chest. "Yeah. Some are, but others aren't. Take my mother for example, she's mean, thinks of herself before the benefit of her own children, the list goes on. She was a lot like your mother Frank. I said while also grabbing a beer. "Has she always accepted your sexual orientation?" Frank asked out of curiosity. I took a big sip of my beer. "Yeah, She was the first person I really told. There wasn't anyone else whom I was close with except for her. She was my everything. And when she died, it was the hardest day of my life for me. She even bought me my first car when I told her that I wanted to start a band." Frank looked at me. "I'm so sorry Gee." "It's okay Frankie. What's done is done. I just have to deal with it I guess." Frank held my hand, "You're not alone. I'll help you through this. We'll get through this together."

"Hey Frank, this is a bizarre question, but-" I said while grabbing both of his hands, "Would you do me the honors of being my cocky, yet handsome boyfriend? I mean, now seems like the appropriate time to do it. You know, in a cemetery and all." I said while giggling. "Gerard, I would be bizarre to say no. Of course I will." He said while planting a huge kiss upon my lips. "I love you so much Gerard." He said while laying on my shoulder. "And I love you, my sassy son of a bitch."