Chapter 3

Frank's P.O.V

We arrived at his house within minutes of departing the elementary school. I was surprised at how short of a ride it took us. Gerard walked us inside of his house and gave me this 'Grand tour extravaganza' Which implied him to show me every little thing in his house. Once he showed me his room, I was astounded at how many posters and paintings he had on his wall. "Wow" was all I could get out of my stupid mouth. "You like it?" He said with, yet another, famous smiles.God when he smiles like that it makes him look hotter then he already is. I didn't want to tell Gerard that i'm gay because I think that my sexuality will ruin our friendship.

I looked at all of his paintings. "Wow Gerard. These are really good! Did you do these yourself?" I asked while looking amazed at his paintings. "Yeah. But their not that good." He said, looking down. I grabbed both of his shoulders. "Their amazing Gee. Please don't put yourself down. I think it's amazing." I said smiling at him. "Oh, So you're calling me Gee? Well, I'm going to call you Frankie then." He said giving me his famous crooked smile. We stayed in this position for awhile, lips only centimeters away. The urge to kiss him was very strong but I turned away and distracted myself with his paintings. I looked back to see Gee looking almost sad. Was he sad that we didn't kiss? I walked downstairs, Gerard following me and plopped down on his couch. I saw him messing with his hair, flipping it back and fourth. "You okay Gee?" I asked, pushing the hair out of his eyes. "I need to get my hair cut" He said while huffing and grunting with annoyance. "You know, I can cut it for you if you want. I cut and shave my own hair and I think that it looks pretty badass." He said smoothing out his mohawk. "Eh. Sure why not? It's only hair." He said while getting the razor out. We walked into his bathroom and shut the door. "Okay. Are you sure you trust me with your hair?" I asked again. "Of course Frankie. You're the only one I trust. You know, in addition with Mikey." When those words came out, I immediately felt mohawk butterflies in my stomach. "Okay Gee" I said shakily and started to cut his hair. I didn't want to cut it too short but I did it above the eyebrows. I stopped for a second and looked into his eyes. Hazel. His eyes were truly wonderful to look at. It showed passion and love, yet sorrow and rage. I could get lost in it for hours. I broke the gaze and kept cutting. "You need to redye your hair also. I can do that for you too if you want." I suggested. "Yeah. Sure. I have another bottle in the cabinet below the sink." He said while feeling his hair. He looked into the mirror. "Frankie! This is amazing man! You're so rad! I love it!" He said while giving me a bear hug. I blushed from his warmth.

He sat back down on the toilet seat and waited for me to dye his hair. I looked into his cabinet searching for his red hair dye. But Not only did I see that, but a container full of razor blades. I didn't say anything. I didn't know Gerard had a self harm addiction. I frowned and got the hair dye equipment. I looked at Gerard with sorrow. "I'm ready to do your hair" I said quietly. "Okay Frankie. Before we start, What's wrong? What happened?" He asked. "Gerard, I saw your container full of razor blades. Why didn't you tell me that you had that addiction?" His face went pale. "Frank, It's sort of like a drug to me. I need it to feel better. I NEED it Frank." He said, looking down. "Please Gerard. Before you start to self harm, Call me and i'll be here faster then a speeding bullet. I love you buddy." I said. The last part sort of jumbled out of my mouth but I was able to disguise it in a friendly manner. "Okay frankie." He said. We proceeded to dye his hair the vibrant red that he loves so much. After i was through with that, we had to let it sit for 45 minutes. "Oh cool it looks like blood!" He exclaimed wiping the rest of the red dye we had left over on his neck and face. He walked out to find Mikey on the phone. "Who are you talking to Mikes?" Gerard asked. "This new kid Ray. He goes to my school. He's awesome at guitar! I heard him play when we were at band and he was just amazing!" Mikey said while continuing the conversation with Ray on the phone. "That's cool that someone else knows how to play guitar." I said. "You know how to play the guitar?" Gerard asked in amazement. "Yeah. Shes at my house. I have both acrostic and electric." I said putting my hands on my neck. "We have to get them once my hair is done!" He said, going into the bathroom.

The minutes almost seemed like hours but the time finally came to wash his hair. I rinsed his hair off. Even in the water his hair was still soft. I dried it and styled it. "Hopefully you like it" I said standing back from the mirror. Gerard looked at himself at the mirror, inspecting every inch of his face and hair. "I love it Frankie! You're my new hair stylist now." He said with a big grin. He grabbed Mikey and his keys and headed to his car. I followed him and showed him where my house was. I quickly looked around to see if anyone was there. "No one's home so i'll just be a few seconds." I said getting out of the car. "Hurry. I miss you already" Gerard said while chuckling. If only those words were real I thought and headed into my house. I found both of my guitars. "Hello Pansy" I said to my electric guitar. I grabbed them and headed to Gerard's car. "Here you go" I said handing them to Mikey. "Be careful with Pansy please" I said warning little Mikes. "Pansy? Really? That's the name you chose?" Gerard blurted out, chuckling. "Shut up fucker or I will punch you." I said playfully. We arrived home and I plugged them into the amp. I started playing some random notes. I rifted, trying to impress Gerard. He seemed amused. He was humming a tune, to which no one knew. I guess he made it up.

I looked at him. He was perfect. I felt myself falling for him. I mean, who wouldn't fall for a guy like that? The whole night went pretty smoothly after that. We ate dinner, watched movies and pretty much hung out. "Okay Mikey. It's time for you to go to bed." Gerard said while picking him up from the couch. Mikey grunted and yawned but didn't refuse to go to sleep. Gerard carried him into his bed and soon came out. "Well he's put to bed. Why don't we go to bed ourselves?" He asked. "Yeah. Sounds like a great idea right now." I said while yawning. We entered his room. "I don't have an extra bed." He said awkwardly. "It's fine. I can sleep on the floor." I suggested. "No Frankie. I want you to get a good night's rest. I don't want you sleeping on the floor and wake up with back pains." He said while clearing off his bed to make more room. His bed was pretty big. I bet it could fit like ten families on it. I chuckled at the thought.

"I don't have pajamas. Can i borrow some of yours?" I asked awkwardly. "Sure Frankie. What's mine is yours." He said while giving me a polite smile. I grabbed some shorts. "Do you want me to change in the bathroom." I asked. "No it's okay. We're all boys. Nothing will be weird dude." He said, giving me his crooked smile. I changed into my pajamas but couldn't help notice that Gerard was looking at me change. I blushed and headed toward his bed, getting comfortable. "I'm just going to draw for a bit. If you fall asleep then Goodnight Frankie." He said while giving me a hug. I squeezed him tightly and layed in his bed. The thought of me being around Gerard and his brother made me feel safe, like i'm at home. A real, functioning home. The thoughts of him made me fall asleep at ease. I woke around two in the morning to feel a set of arms wrapped on my cold body. I turned to Gerard who was wide awake. "I'm sorry Frankie. I saw you shivering and I wanted to warm you up. I can get you another blanket if you want." He said slowly taking his arms away from my body. "No Gee. I want you. Not that stupid blanket. You can keep me warm. If you want to." I said bringing his arms back to my body. He let out a smile and cuddled me again. "You know Frankie" He started, "If you were gay, I'd ask you out right about now." He said. I stopped my breathing and turned to him. "Gerard, I am gay you little shit! I didn't know you were gay!" I whispered loudly. "Me neither Frankie. I just kinda looked at you and knew that I didn't like girls anymore I guess." He said. "But Frankie, If I was to ask you out, I want to wait. I want to wait and make it special. Can you wait for me?" He asked. "Of course Gerard. I would wait for you until the end of time." I said. He gave me a little kiss on the cheek. I nearly exploded but I played it cool. He wrapped his arms tighter around my body. "Goodnight Frankie" "Goodnight Gee." And for the first time in forever, I felt loved. I felt like I loved this man. I felt like he was my drug and my healer. He was the best antidepressant the doctors could ever perscribe me. I needed him.