Chapter 3 - Dance And Fight

We went towards the hall, the place where the party was taking place. The hall was very beautifully decorated and all eyes were on us. I suddenly realised that the guy I am with is the most popular guy in the university. Every girl wanted him to be her boyfriend and every guy wanted to be his friend. I never had so much attention to me ever before. Aman instead was very confident, had no fear at all. He looked at me cringing and getting nervous.

Aman then said: "Don't worry about anything. They won't do anything that'll hurt you. Don't get nervous, because I am in any way very nervous."

I then responded: "You? And nervous? Oh, come on Aman! You are the most popular guy in the university then why are you so nervous for?"

He answered: "I know that I don't look nervous because I know you will be nervous about this. I just want to make sure that whatever happens tonight, becomes the most memorable night of our lives. The one thing I really want to do with you is..."He took a long pause. He was looking into my eyes and I got lost again in his eyes.

"dance with you, but I don't know what your reaction be like. And I AM REALLY BAD AT DANCING. That's the only thing I hate. And regarding the fact that I am the most popular guy in the university, then no one treats me the I want them to treat me."

While he was talking, he came closer towards me and leant his lips over mine, so that our lips were just inches apart.

I then reacted, trying to remove the tension that was building up: "How can you hate dancing!!! It's the best thing that you can do when you are stressed!! I love it!! I used to dance a lot when I was little and also I had to dance stealthily because dad didn't like that. And as far for the dance is concerned... I don't mind dancing with you. It can't be that bad."

The music was very rhythmic, it demanded you to dance on the dance floor, but I was a bit reticent because I never danced in a public place before. So I went towards the bar and asked for a virgin Mojito.

Aman was talking to some other people who I didn't know, and I didn't want to be a nuisance to him. And my friends? They were all dancing with their boyfriends, completely ignoring me. Great! (#BFFgoals)

For some reason, I couldn't take my eyes off Aman. He was looking really handsome and dapper.

Then a guy, I think his name was Karan, asked me if I wanted to dance with him. I did not know what to say, so I looked towards Aman, and he was looking towards me, from a long time. He nodded. I said ok.

Karan took me to the dance floor and we started dancing. He would keep touching in inappropriate places till I became enraged.

I said, almost screaming: "If you want me to break your face, fair enough, but don't you ever disrespect a woman's dignity!!! Any woman's dignity!!! Just because she's quiet, doesn't mean she's not going to react!"

I looked at Karan and he first started laughing as if I said a very funny joke and then became really angry and wanted to attack me. I saw Aman trying to help me out but, he was getting stopped by the same people he was talking to. Karan ran towards me and formed a fist with his hand when I defended and counter-attacked him and broke his nose. I know this because I heard the bone crack.

Everyone was shocked. Aman was shocked, in all that chaos. Everyone was screaming and shouting. Aman then came towards me, took the hand that I hit Karan and kissed my knuckles and then the palm of my hand. He then kicked in Karan's stomach and he took me out the venue, in the car park. No one saw us going towards the car park because everyone was focused on Karan and his nose.

It was cold, and I was just wearing a dress. Aman saw me shivering, and so he came towards me and gave me his jacket. I tried to stop him, but he wouldn't listen. He became really silent, not normal for a person like Aman. He was a very talkative person.