Prelude

Zindagi bari ajeeb cheez hai. Kabhi humko bohot khushiyan mil jati hai aur kabhi ghum. Kabhi humko itna pyaar mil jata hai ki hum khud ko sambhal nahi pate, aur kabhi ek pal ka pyaar bhi nahi milta.

I felt pain two times: When my parents died and when I had to leave Aman.

Dad's last wish was that I should complete my university degree. It was not heartfelt. I could feel it. Do you want to know why? Because I was a girl. He wanted a son, not a daughter. So in my entire childhood, I kept craving for Dad's love and affection, to the point that I just gave up on him. There was no hope.

Mum's last wish was the one that I tried to follow: Don't hurt yourself. Keep loving others, but most importantly keep loving yourself. Don't hate your father just because he didn't care for you. You know how he is. And try to forgive Aman. He never wanted to hurt you. He loved you like a lunatic. Don't hurt him.

My brother was very young when that happened. So everything fell on me. My entire life got destroyed after that. I sent my brother to a boarding school. I couldn't bare the fact he should see me weak, heartbroken. I used to tell him that I was the kind of woman who never felt pain. I just would not react. After I lost my parents, I felt as there was no reason for me to live, so I started taking cocaine and THAT was the worst phase of my life.

One day, I came home drunk and I slapped my brother for not giving me cocaine. I then understood how helpless I became because of it and I wanted to hug him and started crying, but he stopped me saying that my sister would never feel weak. She is a wonder woman. I want to meet and be with my sister, not a drug addict. That hit me.

From then on, I stopped taking drugs. I went to a rehabilitation centre, so I could be with him. He used to stay in a hostel at that point. The next thing I know is that he's going apply to become an army officer. He's all grown up to be a very fine young man... I am really proud of him. Now I have to start to find a nice bride for him.

I sent him an email with some pictures of the girls he might want to consider dating... and he replied to me with a picture of our family: my mom, my dad, him and me. What struck me the most, was that he also included a picture of Aman in the email. I broke down looking at his picture. He'd written a request: he wanted me to write a story about Aman and me. I clearly said no to him, because this is very personal. He was the only guy I truly loved in my entire life and I don't want anyone to judge him or our love for each other.

After he died, everyone wanted me to get married, so that I forget what happened, at least for a while. I did not want to. Forgetting Aman would be a torture for me. And I kept explaining to them that I love Aman. He promised me that he will come back soon. He'll never leave my side, then why should I leave his? I want to die remembering the beautiful smile that he had. I want to remember him loving me. I want to remember him in every single moment in my life. I just want to live to be only his.

The day I started writing my story was when it was Aman's twelfth death anniversary. I couldn't hold it anymore. When I saw Naina with Rohit coming, I ran towards Naina and broke down. I couldn't believe that Aman left me. It has been 12 years since Aman died and then I remembered that Naina was in love with him.

Then Naina spoke: "It's true. I couldn't have loved Aman the way you love him. I would have probably committed suicide if I were you. But you, you are still alive and making sure that everyone's ok, just like the way he wanted you to be before he left you. He told me to give you something that will probably remind you of him."

Then she took out a pair of payals that I liked in a store years ago and there was a piece of paper which read: Priya, I love you, I love you very very much. I will always love you till the end of time. Actually, I wanted to ask you a question, but I never had the guts to tell you: WILL YOU MARRY ME? I broke down and I was reliving the memories I spent with him. Again.