Chapter 2 - A Stolen Kiss And A Party

The next thing I remember is me lying on my bed in the room I was sleeping, in the dormitory. I felt full as well as I have eaten. It was very dark. I realised the reason why I woke up is because Aman had his hand around my waist, making me come closer to him. I could feel his breath merging with mine. I started panicking. I have never seen him so close. He seems so calm. His big black eyes were so beautiful closed. I noticed that there was some hair that was bothering his right eye, so I slowly tried to remove them, so it wouldn't bother him sleeping.

He woke up.

I looked into his big brown eyes, coloured like chocolate, and sometimes when the Sun would penetrate into his eyes, I could see his golden specs in his eyes. It was magical.

I said to him that I wanted him to go to his room quickly before anyone else gets up. I was becoming very nervous and started making some noise, so to shut me up, Aman kissed me on the lips. It was a short, sudden kiss. Then, he started biting and sucking my lower lip. I was getting aroused and then he kissed me again, this time more passionately, to the point that I was gasping for air. I was shocked but relieved that it happened. I don't know why. After that happened, we were both smiling, because we knew that whatever it was, it felt right. Then he left to go to his room.

From then on, I couldn't sleep. Well, I tried to, but my mind did not want to switch off as it was replaying the moment when Aman kissed me.

The next morning I felt very happy as I was still reliving what happened the night before. Anjali, one of my roommates, was trying to talk to me, but as you know, I was not focused so she threw me a bucket of ice-cold water on me, so that I listen to what she was saying. Like what.... Are you completely nuts!!!

I knew she was mad, because uncle and aunty ji told me, but not this mad! But she is a very sweet person, though. We've been best friends for the past 7 years and it is still going strong.... My parents and Anjali's parents have been knowing each other for a long time, so we had to be best friends, by default. At that point in time, I was sharing my room with Anjali, Sanjana, Farah and Juhi. We are five best friends. Sometimes they come over from Mumbai and stay with me for a couple of weeks and then they go back home. Sometimes I come over to their house with my brother. They shower me with so much love.....it's incredible. Even Nikhil is very attached to all of them.

Then, that day came and everything changed for the better....or not.....I don't know......

There was a Valentine's Party planned for the weekend. And like every time when asked if I was going to come or not, I said that I'm not going to come. What's the point of me going there? Aur waise bhi, kaun mera Valentine banega? I went to my room. It was empty as all of my friends were at the mall, planning on what to wear for the party. I started thinking of what I should do to pass my time. I then remembered a test was coming up for Economics. I might revise for that actually, waise bhi who topic pasand nahin hai aur waqt bhi lagega.

Unexpectedly, someone knocked at the door. I opened the door. It was Aman. He wore a very elegant suit and he had a red rose in his hands.

He asked me: "Why are you not ready? Come on, get dressed. I am waiting for you." He then gave me a peck on the cheek. I was startled and started blushing. I was thinking about what has happened to him. Why he is looking so attractive today? Why is he not with the other girl that he always goes out with? Uhm... Lucy... No... Sweety... No...I can never remember her name.

I then replied to him: "What's the reason I should get ready? Mere saath koi nahin jane wala. Aur waise bhi mere pass koi acchi dress bhi nahin hai. Waise tum kyun mera wait kar rahe ho? Who ladki hai na, uska naam kya hai...uhm...Lucy...no...Sweety, are uske saath jao na."

"Kisne kaha tumse ki koi tumhare saath nahin aana chahata? Saare ke saare ladke maare ja rahe hai. Baas immat kar nahi pare hain. Tum agar chaho toh har ladka tumhare kadmon mein gir jai ga, tum itni khubsorat ho."

"Achcha tareeka hai mujhe pata ne ka. Lekin yeh best friends ki party nahin, yeh Valentine's party hai!"

"Haan toh? Tum ek ladki ho aur mein ek ladka hoon. Come on, get ready, the party is about to start."

"Kyu? Party toh aane vaala kal hai, na?"

"Darasal the party organiser decided to prepone the party, as he had some other commitments to fulfill. Chalo, jaldi tayyar ho jao."

As soon as he finished speaking, all my friends came into the room with a beautiful strapless black and red dress, accessories, basically, everything that was required to get me ready. I must tell you though that all my friends were all drooling over him, by the way. But I was sensing something else. They kept looking at Aman, who was waiting for me and for some strange reason I was also looking towards him.

I then got ready, with the help of my friends.

I got out of my room and then Aman came towards me and I held Aman's hand. I don't why I did it, though. He looked at me lovingly. He then gave me the rose that he was holding all along.

"A beautiful rose for a beautiful lady."

"Thank you."

"Chalen?"

I nodded. I was really happy that Aman was with me. I felt as if all the desires I had were getting fulfilled, as I now had everything that I wanted in life, Aman.

I just hoped everything for the best.