Chapter Twelve

"Thank you so much." I smiled and gave her a hug.

"Don't fuck up like that again." She said walking back down to the basement. I sat back down.

"She heard us last night." I said taking a bite of my ice cream.

"What!?" Alex cried.

"Shh." I kissed him softly, "She isn't going to tell anyone."

"Is she truthful?" Alex asked me. I shrugged.

"I don't ever hide this kind of shit." I said. Alex's jaw dropped. "Baby, please don't worry about it." I kissed him.

"Your mouth is cold." Alex chuckled. I stuck my tounge out, he put his spoon in my mouth.

"Kiss me." I bit down on his spoon. He grabbed it and shortly after kissed me. "I love you." I mummbled against his face.

"I love you more." He said kissing me again.

----

When Alex and I went upstairs to change Joe was in his room. We walked passed him.

"Hey, Jack!" Joe said getting my attention. I poked my head in his door. "I'm supposed to babysit," He had air quotes, "You and Alex."

"I see." I laughed.

"Don't fuck, that's all I need to say." Joe smiled.

"We won't." I said leaning my head on the door frame.

"Go, Jack, have fun." Joe laughed turning back to his computer. Alex was already in my room and sitting on my bed. Before I sat down Alex was kissing me.

"Baby, can I ask you something?" I asked catching my breath. He nodded.

"Yeah, anything." Alex kissed my cheek and rubbed my stomach over my shirt. He was sitting straight up with his legs out. My head  was laying on his stomach and I was laying between his legs.

"Why is your mom so strict?" I asked him. He rubbed my head. He took a deep breath.

"She says, I killed Tom." He looked down at me. I sat up and threw my arms around him. "She said, if Tom and I weren't fighting, he'd still be here." Alex wiped a tear from his eye. I kissed him. "He drank, and drank, and got so fucking drunk, he finally died."

"Alex, listen to me." I grabbed his face, "You did not kill Tom. He killed himself, he got so drunk, he drank himself to death. I promise you, it was not your fault." Alex sniffled and nodded.

"I'm sorry, baby." Alex whined.

"Don't be sorry." I wiped a tear from his face with my thumb.

"I'll be right back." Alex said standing up. I heard thunder. I looked out my window and saw it becoming dark. Alex came back in 3 minutes. He looked more calm and he wasn't crying.

"Do you want to watch a movie? Or, do you want to go home?" I asked him.

"I wanna stay again tonight." He said sitting back down, "I hate my house."

"Stay then." I rubbed along his cheek bone. He let out a heavy breath.

"Plus, if I stay at my house, I'll be alone in the storm." He whispered. I grabbed his hand.

"Lets watch a scary movie." I said pulling him toward me. I bit my lip and smiled.

"What if its too scary?" He asked.

"Its just a movie." I kissed his cheek. "All of it."

"Just a movie." He smiled. I grabbed his hand again and made him follow me.

---

Alex was curled up in a ball agianst me. The rain was making the power flicker. We were watching a thriller on Netflix. He had his head poked out so he could see the TV. I had my hand on his lower back. Alex laid his hand along my shoulders.

"Lex," I said kissing his head.

"What?" He mumbled.

"Are you scared?" I asked him. He sat up a little. He nodded. I pulled him into my chest and rocked him like a baby. There was a crash of thunder and a bright streak of lightning putting the power out.

-<>-<>-<>-

This chapter is short, I am so sorry.